Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 987.1 has factory xenon headlights. For various reasons, I may want to remove my headlights and temporarily run some standard non-xenon headlights while my xenon units have some work done on them.Will the non xenons just plug in and work? Not worried if I get error codes so long as they work for the week or so they will be in and don't cause any permanent issues.Thanks!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Not going to work for the same reason that you can't just drop-in HID enclosures in a car with stock Halogen lighting. Wiring harness is different.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My 987.1 has factory xenon headlights. For various reasons, I may want to remove my headlights and temporarily run some standard non-xenon headlights while my xenon units have some work done on them.Will the non xenons just plug in and work? Not worried if I get error codes so long as they work for the week or so they will be in and don't cause any permanent issues.Thanks!
Ok, I'll bite -- what are you doing to the OEM bi-xenon housings?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a guy in the UK who disassembles the units and blacks out part or whole of the plasticky looking silver internals. The version on the right I think works really well. This isn't a dead cert I will do it as the conversion is a work in progress in a few areas re quality and long term results. But it's interesting as I always thought the all-silver internals looked pretty cheap and nasty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.