Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, thank you for allowing me to join. I've lurked here for quite a bit, gaining knowledge about Cayman's. Today I went to look at a 2007 CS with Tiptronic, full power seats, Auto AC, Bose with CDR radio and only has 11,000 miles. All service records are in the dashbox. Owner is asking $35K. What sayeth the collective brain? Fair asking price or should I keep looking?

Phil

·
Registered
96 Posts
In 2010 I purchased an '08 Cayman S with 12K miles and paid $44,500. I sold that car w close to 30K mi last June for $40k. Note I had several upgrades, but it held its value well at that mark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No particular reason for Tiptronic. It was what the vehicle had. Not too many Cayman's around this part of Virginia. I was shocked at the low mileage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bought similar car a few months ago. Mine is MT and also xenon lights. About 17k miles, immaculate. $33,500, but bought it from a dealer. If I cared to negotiate more may have been able to get it lower? Who knows. Anyway I question the tiptronic and would say you have some negotiating room.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I drove a Tiptronic 2008 Cayman S recently, 17000 miles and it seemed fast as hell to me. Even with Tiptronic, that car could get me into uncharted mayhem.
I can't even begin to think what a Cayman S with PDK might do. Wow!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
His asking price may not be too far off, if u like Tiptronic. You said asking price. That's what it is. You did not say what you would like to buy it for. For a deal to make sense there has to be something in it for both parties. So you were thinking 31 and he is thinking 35, see if u two cannot arrive at something inbetween, like 33. But if u want that car, start by making what u think is a reasonable offer, and state why. See if the two of u can arrive at a price u both like. That's what a deal is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts