Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Socal members. I'm very noob to porsche and I just bought my wife a 2014 boxster base 3 days ago from dealership. It looks like its got all the services done before they put on the lot but I would feel better to get oil change even if dealership did. Where would be the good place to go? and since it's base model, stock head unit and crappy speakers really bothers me and my wife and wants to upgrade to pioneer nex 8200 (i already have the nex8200) is there any place with decent price installations? I live in Eastvale and i did call sevral places and sounds like price are ripped off cuz it's porsche. without giving me any detail info single headunit installation will be $400 plus from those shops. I had so many other brand cars and most of installation cost me $60~$120. is there any good honest audio shops i can get consultaions which they can guide me what route to go? Please help the noob out please. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
@blade8034: You bought your wife a 2014 Boxster! Would you marry me? lol
Anyway, check the service minder in the menu. The manual will tell you how to. If the service minder says you don't need an oil change then you don't need an oil change. A good place to go would be a Porsche dealer. I'm assuming you did not buy the car from a Porsche dealer or you would not be asking the question about oil changes. The dealer will be more expensive than an independent shop but they will fully check out the car, do any recalls, and update any software. As for upgrading the sound system, I don't know what you've bought in the past for $60-$120 but it could not be much. Head unit installation in a car that has a factory radio will be in the +$400 range. I don't live in your area so I can't make a recommendation. However, the work I've had done on other cars has proven the old adage: You get what you pay for! Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. yeah i traded my 17 wrangler sport s to boxster, she wanted so bad. Thanks for the info. I took the head unit out already, is there possibliity you can see the service reminder without factory head unit? i don't have owners manual
@blade8034: You bought your wife a 2014 Boxster! Would you marry me? lol
Anyway, check the service minder in the menu. The manual will tell you how to. If the service minder says you don't need an oil change then you don't need an oil change. A good place to go would be a Porsche dealer. I'm assuming you did not buy the car from a Porsche dealer or you would not be asking the question about oil changes. The dealer will be more expensive than an independent shop but they will fully check out the car, do any recalls, and update any software. As for upgrading the sound system, I don't know what you've bought in the past for $60-$120 but it could not be much. Head unit installation in a car that has a factory radio will be in the +$400 range. I don't live in your area so I can't make a recommendation. However, the work I've had done on other cars has proven the old adage: You get what you pay for! Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Noob: the service reminder is part of the software and is visible as a submenu on the right hand screen. If the right hand screen next to the tach still functions normally then yes you will be able to scroll thru and eventually come to the service function.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Either Walters Riverside Porsche or 911 Design in Montclair can handle any fluid change or service issues. Changing out the sound in a Porsche is a bit more involved than in most other cars. Check with 911 Design for having that done or a good recommendation if they don't do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts