Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total nice new car noob here. Assume I know nothing about proper car care, which is pretty close to true, and tell me what I need to start caring for the exterior and interior of my new Cayman. Pointing to specific items/kits would be very helpfull.

Also, since I live in drought stricken California, less water use is better when it comes to washing the car.

Put it this way...what I used to clean the other cars at the house was RainX car wash, RainX glass cleaner, and ArmorAll.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
check out videos by AMMO NYC... his products are pretty awesome (a bit pricey, but...) ... no affiliation.
He has "regimens" for exterior, interior and wheels...
D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
That dude is a aberrant machine; maniacal cleaner, freak of nature. Not saying it's a bad thing, but I wonder about the balance of the personality.

Because I'm so normal of course.

:hilarious:

Reactions: stratman

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Also check out AutoGeek. No affiliation - the have a lot of instructional videos. Hold on to your credit card!

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I have a black leather interior under the blistering South Florida sun, I HIGHLY recommend Gliptone (UK) to keep your leather in top condition, my car is a daily driver with 43K+ miles and my seats don't have any creases. I use Liquid leather cleaner and preservative, gives interior English leather smell, like the old Connolly hides use to in Jags and Bentleys, beautiful.

Gliptone Leather Care | Leather Cleaner

I use Klasse all in one polish as a start, followed by Klasse gloss sealer, then topped off with two coats of PS21 100% carnauba wax, my paint looks just as good and glossier than it did four years ago. I highly recommend Wolgang Plastik sealer and protector for headlight covers, it will keep them from getting hazy and eventually opaque.

All this stuff I get from Autogeek.com , south Florida weather is murder on cars, no one believes my car is four years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts