Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from my SA that my 981CS was built and sitting at the port in Emden on Nov 28. Got an e-mail this morning more than two weeks later that it was still sitting at the port and he had no information on when it would be put on a ship. Is this kind of delay at port normal?

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Agree.......depends on what ship is being loaded for which of several ports. You may be simply waiting for the ship that will be heading to your particular ultimate port.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mine arrived at Emden two days before the ship departed. They left it behind, and it sat at Emden for 20 days before getting on the next boat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. According to the shipper's schedule they have had several ships heading to Houston during that time, but perhaps there's a backlog of cars waiting for ships. Oh well, the wait continues.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It can happen, my Cayman waited 20 days for a ship.
I received an email from my SA that my 981CS was built and sitting at the port in Emden on Nov 28. Got an e-mail this morning more than two weeks later that it was still sitting at the port and he had no information on when it would be put on a ship. Is this kind of delay at port normal?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gah! My car arrives there next week...

- Patrick

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
There's a Porsche status report, showing actual (for completed activities) & estimated dates for all activities from build to delivery. Ask your SA for that report. There's also a report, I can't remember if it's the same one, that gives the name of the ship; ask your SA for it.
My car was at Emden for two weeks. Understand that the ship doesn't leave until it's fully loaded and it may be a couple weeks before enough cars show up at Emden to make a full load. Same thing happens when your car reaches the US - the truck doesn't leave until it has a full load of cars going to your area. I recall mine sat in SD for a week before the truck left.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Think of it as time for the paint to harden so you can wash and wax it day one without worrying about the paint being too soft.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think of it as time for the paint to harden so you can wash and wax it day one without worrying about the paint being too soft.
After it sits outside on the coast getting crapped on by seagulls for a few weeks, think a clay bar and polish might be in order. Always thought it was a little over the top to do that to a new car, but think I'm finally getting it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was lucky - mine rolled out of the plant and onto a ship within a day or 2. Guess that's why it arrived at the dealer almost a month ahead of schedule. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Generally speaking, it's better to have the car sit and wait for a ship than to try to drive it over.

Reactions: DaveZ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's on the boat and left Emden on the 15th, so making progress. 18 days from arrival at the port to departure. Little longer than I expected, but should get to the port in Houston on about New Year's Eve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts