Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Northeasterers, when will your car hit the road for the first time this spring? or has it been out all of this horrible winter?

It it is supposed to rain a few times this coming week here in NJ. A good washing away of any remaining road salts. If the weather cooperates, I am thinking about maybe next weekend, 21-22 March.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Probably April. I've got to clear the mountain of snow that accumulated on that side of the garage!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm with you Steve - bring on the rain. I pulled off the cover this week and dropped the tire pressure back to spec. Might take it around the corner tomorrow to top off the tank with 93.

But in terms of really driving it - still a 2-3 weeks to go. The rain and thaw has opened up quite a few huge potholes here in mercer.

Tomorrrow's plan is to give the truck a good cleaning.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
As soon as it gets here. Can't wait to try PASM on all the potholes and frost heaves. Also, PSM on al the sand and gravel. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with you Steve - bring on the rain. I pulled off the cover this week and dropped the tire pressure back to spec. Might take it around the corner tomorrow to top off the tank with 93.

But in terms of really driving it - still a 2-3 weeks to go. The rain and thaw has opened up quite a few huge potholes here in mercer.

You and I will get a major rain storm today. That should help things along.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I started driving mine this week after the first good rain. I couldn't take it any more. Drove it 3 days this week. Will give it a quick wash and then drive it again next week. Many roads have turned to rubble and there is construction everywhere so it will likely be many months if ever before things are really clean. I'll probably just do quick washes every weekend for a while.

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Hoping to take it out for a test drive tomorrow morning! Never had a winter where the car was off the road for so long (owned since 10/2007).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Back from London April 1st with my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Mine spent it's usual winter in Florida. Was able to drive it most of the winter, at least the time I spent there. Bringing her back toward the end of April for the better weather in PA. Looking forward to moving to FL permanently over the next year of so.:cheers:

·
Registered
261 Posts

And I'm with you as well! Roads in Bucks County Pa are a mine field, but the rain should at least clear off the salt and most of the gravel they heaped on the roads again this winter. Hoping things will dry up and I can get her out week of the 23rd! Been another long winter 'round here....

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Getting some days above freezing, and the roads are clear but not quite dry yet. Unfortunately, we're due for another 6-10" of snow tonight, so may have to wait a bit longer. This is getting frustrating.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The CGTS left the mother ship yesterday! :dance: Went for a short ride (~25 miles) to get a bagel and coffee then topped off the tank with 93. Came home and did a good wash before the rain started. We got just over an inch of the LIQUID variety, so far. Hope this gets the bulk of salt and sand off the roads. Oh, the roads around here are like training for AX'ing. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
For me I might remove the cover tomorrow, disconnect the trickle charger, bring tire pressure back to normal and maybe take it around the block if roads look good. Otherwise like most probably near end of March. I have got that itch almost similar when I was waiting for the car to come into port!

·
Registered
13 Posts
like most of you in the northeast the car has never sat, "wired-for-winter-hibernation" so long. I couldn't wait longer, drove 75 miles yesterday between Valley Forge and Phila -- was wonderful. Lots of the surrounding roads are deeply potted and pitted. I"ll try to avoid night driving until roads are back to normal. It was 45 during the day, didn't "push" the tires but I remain convinced this engine loves to run between 45 and 60.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
. . . Looking forward to moving to FL permanently over the next year of so.:cheers:
:eek: I know there are a lot of P-cars down there . . . But the only corners are at stop lights!

On the other hand, can't drive at all in 3' of snow.:mad:

Reactions: Budman

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
In NC, its going to be spring temps in 2-3 weeks. Its been 60-70 this week.

I was in NY 2 weeks ago and it snowed every day. 4-6 inches drop and and they clean it within hours!

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I put mine in hibernation on December 1st. That lasted 12 days. I drive it at least once a week during the winter. It's an addiction. It really is.

Reactions: BlueNorther
1 - 20 of 29 Posts