Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some px of my Macan S that has been lowered with H&R springs. It is my daily driver and I don't feel like I am loosing out driving it to work instead of my Cayman S. You can feel the common DNA between the two cars, and there is a lot of it. Hope to get out on the track one day and have a little fun. With the H&R springs, PASM on firm, and the 21s with Conti p5s it rips around corner like nobodies business. My brother just got a similar one with the air suspension and it takes his daily drive freeway ramp at 65, while his retired Audi S5 V8 only feels comfortable at 60. Go figure that one. Anyway it is a great car and a worthy ride for any one who is used to the amazing 981.

IMG_5990.jpg IMG_5991.jpg IMG_5994.jpg

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I had the pleasure of being invited to the official Macan launch c/w extended Macan S and Turbo test drives in a mini slalom course as well as a city tour and can enthusiastically confirm your assertion about the Porsche DNA. I thought it was a fantastic SUV that did not drive like an SUV. Enjoy!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The regular gap is about 35 mm more than that. There was 4 inches of gap when it was stock, ouch. I had always planned to do this but it took a while to get the springs. Might we move to this thread to the modifications section at your discretion K-Man S so that people can see what the updates make the car look like.

Latest update today. Car is another 3-4 mm lower than before as the H&R springs settle. Should end up 40mm lower in the end or 1 5/8 inches.

IMG_6131.JPG

·
Registered
415 Posts
Curious what your alignment specs turned out to be. I assume you are still using the stock control arms ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is from one of my posts on the macanforum.com. There is no adjustment for the camber. All they can do is adjust the Toe which was near zero front and rear.

"Success with the
H&R springs. Car looks great and handles much better. Definitely recommend this to those who want the sporting look and a little sportier ride.

Springs have been on for a few weeks now and the Macan is down 32 mm of the expected 40 mm in total drop advertised by H&R. Car definitely feels lower with a touch firmer ride, and it is easier to get in and out of. With the PASM on firm it corners with very little body roll. Center of gravity is obviously lower as well, which would make it some fun at the track. Hopefully it will drop the other 8 mm over the next month or so, but for now it doesn't look jacked up anymore.

Camber went to about -1.25 in the front and -1.75 in the rear, which is not far off the track alignment for my Cayman S. Love the 21 inch rims and this thing feels more like a sports car than a SUV. For now it is 7mm lower than the PASM air on low and should end up 15 mm lower when all is said and done with the settling."

·
Registered
54 Posts

I really want to lower my Macan S as well. I like the look of yours, but I hope it does settle those other few mm's.
I know you went with the H&R springs, which I was thinking of using as well, but was concerned as to how it would affect the alignment, and more importantly the PASM. As I will "NEVER" be taking this car off-road, except for the occasional gravel road, (Although the actual roads in my area of PA are just about off-road conditions right now... - damn potholes!!!)
I think the lowered stance will really assist the handling. The only other "upgrade" I was leaning towards was a set of spacers to really fill out the fenders.
Keep us up to date in the next week or so, if you notice any difference or settling.
I once put a set of lowering springs on a GTI, and found the rear right to be slightly sagging by 4mm after just 4 weeks. The company replaced the defective spring, but it was a hassle.
Best of luck. Have FUN!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts