Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the SF Bay Area, just did a Concord to Monterey drive today (round trip 250 some odd miles) . Speed, well, just kept up with the flow of traffic on 680 and 101. ( I680, also known as the race track when traffic allows and a faster race track when traffic gets heavy!) and Round trip, with a little putting around Monterey, returned 32.9 MPG! I find that to be terrific and what a joy to drive! Although 680 is "rough as a cob" it was still a great Sunday drive! My only problem was not parking in the center of town to let more folks ooo and ahhh!
PS - Did see a Brit racing green Jag F type coupe parked downtonw and it was darn near as good looking as my "Gator"!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cool. I get only 20 MPG in mixed city/highway driving in the Bay Area on my Cayman GTS 6MT. I drive a lot in Sport+ mode.

By the way, 680 is known more as the Rock Barrage Highway, although I think all highways in the Bay Area are worthy of that name these days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
..... and Round trip, with a little putting around Monterey, returned 32.9 MPG! I find that to be terrific and what a joy to drive! ...... it was darn near as good looking as my "Gator"!
If you're reporting mileage based on a gas pump fill up, you done good, real good! :)
If it's taken from the in-dash computer ... it's a nice number, but probably a bit optimistic (7 to 10%).

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you're reporting mileage based on a gas pump fill up, you done good, real good! :)
If it's taken from the in-dash computer ... it's a nice number, but probably a bit optimistic (7 to 10%).
Exactly. My '13 base Boxster's mpg readout has been nearly 8% optimistic over 22k miles, with the best being a true 31.0 (average of 3 tanksful). Still not bad at all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
50 mpg!.jpg

Taken after a 15 mile descent from 5,000 ft. to about 1,500 ft. on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Overall true mpg for that tank was 29.8 with the computer indicating 32.2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts