Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
I agree. they look like an afterthought. If this is what they'll look like in production.

Are there any advantanges/disadvantages to having door mounted mirrors?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like they're already doing that for the next Gen Cayenne that's coming up shortly, and not to mention the Panamera. Maybe from a manufacturing standpoint the designs are made so it can share production facilities with Audi and VW factories?

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are rumors and speculation that Porsche is doing away with side mirrors and replacing them with cameras. If you look closely at the triangle at the forward edge of the side window...where the current model mirror attaches...something is there that very well may be a camera. The door mounted mirrors on the prototypes could be dummies.

Another school of thought has it that this new mirror design is real, and that they were re-designed to allow for motorized rotation to fold inwards.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
They look like bat wings! Here comes another after market opportunity.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are rumors and speculation that Porsche is doing away with side mirrors and replacing them with cameras. If you look closely at the triangle at the forward edge of the side window...where the current model mirror attaches...something is there that very well may be a camera. The door mounted mirrors on the prototypes could be dummies.

Another school of thought has it that this new mirror design is real, and that they were re-designed to allow for motorized rotation to fold inwards.
I don't think it's cameras... I actually think it has to do with the new European standards.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Don't care for those either.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
They do look ugly. But anyone noticed that the headlights seem to be of a Gen I car??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts