Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so when I bought my used 2006 CS, I get the error "SYSTEM ERROR: CD CHANGER NOT PRESENT". I have lived with it for a long time....
I cannot find a changer in the frunk anywhere, or near the NAVIGATION DVD unit (which works BTW).

I just want this message to go away. I have read closing the MOST loop may be what is required.... and see I can purchase a PCM Fiber Optic Plug Bridge from SunCoast, but the problme is... I dont even know where the CD Changer was originally located, or the associate cables.

I see no stray cables anywhere, and need a few tips on how to track this down.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You'll probably need someone with a PIWIS or Durametric Pro to change the setting that says there's a CD changer in the car. Likely the previous owner had a Dension or some such in the car (which appears to the car as a CD changer) so that setting was turned on. Then it was apparently removed, probably before the sale, without the setting be turned off.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
... I dont even know where the CD Changer was originally located, or the associate cables.

I see no stray cables anywhere, and need a few tips on how to track this down.
The CD changer (if installed) would be alongside the Nav DVD unit in the frunk compartment. I agree with the post above - it's a software issue - change the CD present setting with a Durametric (or have your dealer do it).

Dan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts