Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Cayman S - Cayman "GT"

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/img_6883_400.jpg 2006 Cayman S with approximately 44,500 miles on the car and less than 15,000 on the engine (from 2008 Cayman S Sport via Napleton Motorsports - original engine included in the sale).

Featured car on Planet-9.com for many years this car is now up for sale, unique, one of a kind, with many thoughtful and well integrated modifications (See Garage Pro listing for list) including full Capristo Exhaust integrated with Sport button on dash, DSC suspension, Bilstein PSS Damptronic with TPC sway bars, adjustable camber plates and drop links, EVO intake, Softronic Tuning, Custom speed yellow interior pieces including backs of seat shells, rear hatch pieces and center console. Speed yellow stitching and carbon fiber accents. Strutking clear engine cover with custom yellow stitched leather surround. Dension 500 ipod and Bluetooth integration for PCM.

I am including with the sale the following items:
1) All original parts taken off the car, that means original bumper, original wheels & tires, etc. I have saved it all!
2) Original engine that was running when taken out of the car then torn down for inspection, needs a new sleeve for 1 cylinder and then rebuilt, even as a core the engine has value, but it is the original engine for the car so I kept it.
3) All service / repair records, all receipts from any items purchased for the car and probably some miscellaneous articles too!

I also have available separately (not included with car)
1) GT3 Carbon Fiber race seats in speed yellow with extra cushions
2) Set of BBS RGT 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Tires (good for at least one DE weekend maybe 2)
3) Harness bar and TeamTech harness in yellow/black

While the car did see track time in its early years after blowing the first engine I only tracked the car a couple more times to prevent any damage to the replacement engine. Car did set lap record for stock class at HPT of 1:46 and change for a 2.5 mile course. Car has dyno'd at 335 HP to rear wheels, I think those dyno charts are in the forum or in the Garage Pro listing.

I am going to list the car plus included items for what I'd like to get out of it, but I am willing to entertain reasonable offers / alternatives. There won't be any fees through the Panjo classifieds as we will handle payment via cashier's check or other standard payment form. I am willing to take a deposit to hold the car until you can pick it up. If you cannot pick up the car then you can pay to have it shipped via a car carrier at your expense, I will make the car available to the carrier company.

I am sure you will have questions so feel free to ask me directly via email or PM, or feel free to ask publicly in the forum. I'm happy to answer what I can.

List Date: 4/20/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2006 Cayman S - Cayman "GT"
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $42,000.00

--------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Good luck with the sale Ken! What an awesome build.

I might have missed the thread/post but what's next for you!?!?

-Moto

Reactions: golfguy11800

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with the sale Ken! What an awesome build.

I might have missed the thread/post but what's next for you!?!?

-Moto
You missed the thread about me standing in line at the Tesla store for a Model 3? :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

·
Registered
685 Posts
More likely the thread where you tried to figure out if the ship tracking was the same for a GT4. THe only question is will it be yellow? ;)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Now we know why he put it up for rent last week. Either that or he is about to renounce all worldly pleasures and become Monk K-Man S.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have my eye on a GT orange 2008 Cayman Sport completely stock for the same price because of the cool color but this is tempting me :burnout:

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have my eye on a GT orange 2008 Cayman Sport completely stock for the same price because of the cool color but this is tempting me :burnout:
Well this car has not only a 2008 Cayman S Sport engine in it, but a complete original engine pre-disassembled for you should you wish to re-assemble and/or use it for a core towards any other engine, check around cores go for between 8-10K. There are, of course, lots of mods on this car that the 2008 car won't have, but whether or not you like mods/extras is up to you. The Capristo exhaust system is $5K+ alone, the Champion custom wheels are unobtainable now but originally around $4K, so you can get the idea there is a fair difference between the two. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
is it possible to organize delivery to Europe. if possible I am interested since I have parted with my Cayman and I miss the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man i want this car ! my current car is for sale so as soon as it sells i am all over this :) I figure the mods you have done outweigh the 2008 Sport by far -Its PERFECT!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts