Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the finished product .NR is offering a great discount to any current Gt-3 front bumper owners to convert . Pennies
This is an exceptional offer trust me ,I have read posts in other Gt-3 and 997 forums that this is a $1,500 conversion kit to do on their cars. I will take some nightime photos and add them later tonight .hope you like this as much as I do !!!:)
Thanks to all who helpe me with the wiring and Neal at NR for making this kit :thanks:

1st picture is with LED's off
the other 2 with them on .
The LED's come on as ushual with the fog light switch so you dont have to have them on at all times :) I chose to go this route but they can be wired differently if you so desire

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the nice compliments !
beez brought up a good point to me .the gen 1 turn signal is integrated in to the main head lamp cluster so you do not lose your turn signal but a gen 2 (I believe ) is not? so you would lose the turn signal ?.I double checked this on the gen 1 before I even attempted this project ,I would not have done it had I lost the turn signal .However you do lose the outside front Parking light.I did not think this was a big deal to me personally ,I really wanted the LED's so a give and a take was ok with me. I am curious to see what they look like in the dark :dance:
also going to use some VHT Nightshades on my clear side markers ,I just now switched the bulbs to the clear ones so NO MORE ORANGE!
Car is starting to come together ;)

Someone asked me the other day if there was any stock parts left on my car .....NOPE!!!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Spectacular... but I'm moving away from this thread and convincing myself I misread the low cost of it... I have a long way to go before covering my current turbo conversion expenses.

But my last word to you is SUPERB !!!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Jose, you'll be hearing from my lawyer very soon for brining me back to this thread ;)

I love the GT3 front and rear bumper. And in the case of Prodgers, they look stunning in black... but I'm thinking since the Cayman is scheduled for a complete make over in a year or so, I may wait for the release of the new bumpers for the 911s and Caymen to save my Cayman from aging.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.