Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys my name is Davis Henry, the Director of Marketing for Numeric Racing. I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone here that uses our products! Looking forward to conversating with everyone!

81534862_10219537572343976_5244836241639211008_o.jpg 81938069_10219537572903990_4339329111257251840_o.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've got these installed but haven't driven the car yet. I'll be glad to share my feedback once I get the car back from the shop.

I will say that the shifter looks like jewelry and it operates very smoothly from just sitting in the car and rowing through the gears.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Another happy owner of the Numeric cables. I installed mine nearly 5 years ago and they have been flawless. I did not buy the shifter at the time, but I have thought about it many times...

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have both the shifter and cables. Transformed my shifting, especially into 1st gear. I can actually feel the detents of the transmission with this system. Works very well together. Highly recommend both be purchased together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got them both on my 987.2 Cayman S. Absolutely love them! Couldn't be happier with the feel and performance of the shift mechanism now.

·
PCA Member
189 Posts
I purchased the Numeric Short Shifter with Cables as a Christmas give to myself. I wished that I purchased this setup years ago., since I have a Gen 1 Cayman S.

Although, I only had 50,000 miles on the odometer I did not want to be stranded on the side of the road with the stock plastic connector cables. So I purchased both the Numeric Short Shifter and Cable system. What a dream to drive my Cayman S. It feels like an Exotic car to me.

My son and I did the installation over a 3 day period. We took our time during the process and very happy with the results. On a scale of difficulty to install it is a (3) based on a scale of (10).

The shifting from gear to gear is pure " Precision ".with the Numeric Short Shifter.

After reading many threads on this O.E.M. stock cable breakage I decided to be proactive, since that say " It is not if the cable breaks , but when will it break.

Excellent Product !!!

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,764 Posts
The Numeric racing shifter is a high quality piece. It has a very precise and mechanical feel to it, and the fact that it's a direct replacement is a major plus in my book. I used the middle fulcrum point, and I don't think I'd want any shorter throws than this setting provides! It actually took a little time for me to get used to it -- I initially considered changing it to the longest throw position -- but now I prefer it just the way it is. But it's a handy feature in that it's adjustable to suit the user's preference.
I'm still using the factory-installed shifter cables, but should they fail I would switch to Numeric racing cables based on the nearly universal praise for them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
One thing I have found is when I bought the shifter and cables I also bought a Black Forest Industries shift knob. I'm finding that these two parts do not go together well and some alteration is required to make the shift knob fit on the Nurmeric shift lever.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Purchased the cables & shifter last week. They arrived yesterday and my weekend plans have all been changed. Looking forward to the install. My 06 Boxster S's short throw factory shifter has been feeling increasingly loose which along with a c Cars & Coffee buddy bringing his broken factory cables to display prompted my interest. I'd much rather prevent a breakdown than walk off an epic remote mountain drive for cell service to call a two truck. Not my definition of fun. I'll try to report back here once installed.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Boxsterx- you can order shifter feet to raise the base or tilt the base to your desire depending on your arm length and wrist angle. Also, Numeric has a noise suppression hose that I would recommend you use for both cables. I thought about raising the base a lot, but that would cause an fitment issue with the console cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the cables nearly three years ago with the stock shifter with plans of installing the GT3 shifter if needed. So far I'm not feeling the need. Amazing how big of an improvement the cables made. Coming from a highly modified Mazda MX-5 the Cayman shifter just plain sucked. Now it's nearly as good as the Mazda.
Because of some of the noise complaints noted here, I did install the sleeves that Numeric sells and also added some additional insulation around the cables in the console. Can't tell any difference from stock except when moving the shifter there is a little more mechanical noise, but nothing objectionable. Completely satisfied here(y)(y)(y).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed both the Numeric short shifter and the cables on my '06 Cayman S almost three years ago. The mechanism still feels great and shifts are precise and easy. I love both products and would recommend to anyone who wants to improve the shift quality and longevity of the whole system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Apex1. The complete kit already contains the noise suppression hose.

Boxsterx- you can order shifter feet to raise the base or tilt the base to your desire depending on your arm length and wrist angle. Also, Numeric has a noise suppression hose that I would recommend you use for both cables. I thought about raising the base a lot, but that would cause an fitment issue with the console cover.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’d be interested in everyone’s thoughts on which vertical setting. Go shortest throw, middle? Thanks in advance.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,764 Posts
I’d be interested in everyone’s thoughts on which vertical setting. Go shortest throw, middle? Thanks in advance.
The middle setting provides as short of a throw as I'd ever want. The effort is significantly higher than stock, and no cutting of the carpeting is required as is needed to obtain the shortest possible throw. The knob height gets lower and farther from the steering wheel with each position, as the throw decreases,, so that is another factor to consider as well.
It's not nearly as invasive of an operation to change the fulcrum point, compared with the disassembly required to install the entire shifter mechanism (at least it's not on a 986/996 or 987/997), so experimenting to find your preferrence is relatatively simple.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The middle setting provides as short of a throw as I'd ever want. The effort is significantly higher than stock, and no cutting of the carpeting is required as is needed to obtain the shortest possible throw. The knob height gets lower and farther from the steering wheel with each position, as the throw decreases,, so that is another factor to consider as well.
It's not nearly as invasive of an operation to change the fulcrum point, compared with the disassembly required to install the entire shifter mechanism (at least it's not on a 986/996 or 987/997), so experimenting to find your preferrence is relatatively simple.

I'll second that. I like the middle position.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,764 Posts
What do you mean by "at least it's not on a 986/996 or 987/997?"
I'm only familiar with replacing the shifter mechanism on these models, hence the caveat.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts