Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm a huge 911 fan. I absolutely love the 991 911 turbo s and GT3. These cars have great lateral g's, acceleration, breaking, etc, but I don't see amazing Nurburgring lap times.

Why do you all think this is? You have the Viper and the Corvette with faster lap times but the 911 turbo should be faster, no?

Stephen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just read all 3 pages of the thread. I still can't believe the lap times of the 911 though. It surely has to be faster than what is posted on nurburgringlaptimes.com . Am I wrong?

·
Super Moderator
13,824 Posts
Hey all,
I'm a huge 911 fan. I absolutely love the 991 911 turbo s and GT3. These cars have great lateral g's, acceleration, breaking, etc, but I don't see amazing Nurburgring lap times.

Why do you all think this is?
See Nordschleife lap records - FastestLaps.com

So define "amazing". What do you want to see?

First, Porsche builds their cars on, usually, 4 year cycles. So, for example, the 991.1S car turned 7.37.9 in 2011. That's four years ago. Nothing has changed in four years. No more horsepower, no tech advances, nothing. So what do you expect to happen since 2011?

The 991 GT3RS, just announced, turned 7:20. So what do you want? Very few cars are faster.

The fastest production Porsche, outside of the 918, is the 997.2 GT2RS, a generation old. A new version "might" be coming. As the RS turbo car, it will be faster the GT3RS.

The 991 Turbo S is not a track car. The GT2RS is the equivalent track car. I do not believe it has an adjustable suspension nor does it come with R Compounds. It comes with the exact same tires as the 991S. The RS cars are the track cars. The 991TTS is a street car.

So I am not sure what you want to see? Look at the RS cars. Those are the ones that the race cars come from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7:20, I wasn't aware of that. Very impressive. I currently have a lease on a c7 Z06 but I'm considering a Porsche when my lease expires. Maybe there will be a GT4RS out by then? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts