Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got before-cat and after-cat 02 sensors coming for my 987.2 Cayman S (bank 1, drivers side). I have the rear wheel off and can see where the after-cat sensor connects, but the pre-cat one appears to snake up alongside the engine. Can anyone who's replaced these on a .2 advise whether it's easier to get at the pre-cat connector from the topside after removing the engine cover? (Pre-cat sensor is on the left in this picture.)

Wire Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I found the connector for the pre-cat sensor...it's right up against the inner fender. It looks like the cable snakes around the front of the engine and loops back, so opening the panel behind the seats would be required to route it the way it is from the factory. I'm thinking if the cable is crazy long, I might just zip tie it away from anything that gets hot. Anybody here done this installation that can confirm the routing?

Tire Bumper Automotive tire Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I found the connector for the pre-cat sensor...it's right up against the inner fender. It looks like the cable snakes around the front of the engine and loops back, so opening the panel behind the seats would be required to route it the way it is from the factory. I'm thinking if the cable is crazy long, I might just zip tie it away from anything that gets hot. Anybody here done this installation that can confirm the routing?

View attachment 150938
hi. i found the same issue. it snakes to who knows where. glad you discovered it goes to the fender again. So did you connect the new one there and route it more directly? did it work?

or did you try to access it from the top to pull it out nicely?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the engine cover in the passenger compartment and routed the cable the way it came from the factory: up over the engine and back down beside the fender. Once the engine cover was off it was simple to route it up and over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the post-cat 02 sensor, do both banks (1-DS, 2-PS) connect at the same chassis point (PS)? I couldn't get a good look this evening, too dark. I need to swap the post cat sensors to test if one has gone bad, so I'm just trying to get an idea if it's as simple as swapping the two plugs at the chassis connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.