Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

OBDII PIDs for 987.2/997.2?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ledbette 
#1 ·
I'm trying to set up RaceCapture for more data, but having difficulties finding all the right PIDs. The OBDII port uses a gateway interface with different PIDs available than from the ECU, but I'd like to stick with the OBDII PIDs for both convenience and safety. Does anyone know the 987.2/997.2 PIDs for brake and throttle pedal? All I'm able to find thus far is throttle body position which is useful information, but not as useful as throttle pedal.

Some of the PIDs for 987.1/997.1 are known. However, 987.2/997.2 use a different ECU so these are not necessarily the same.
https://forum.autosportlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=5616&sid=5faa192062a247aa151035dd110fcc05

#2 ·
I'm working this same problem from the 981 side. Public information about manufacturer-specific PIDs is hard to find.

I get brake pressure and wheel speed measurements on my 981 using an AiM SoloDL plugged into the OBD port. It taps the CANbus signals in the OBD connector and gets the values from there. However, the AiM user interface and analysis tools are extremely lacking. Also, the AiM data does not contain absolute GPS time, which makes it difficult to use and also difficult to correlate to other sources (i.e. video). I don't feel like spending $1K on a SmartyCam to get their canned video integration. I'd rather use a GoPro and Harry's laptimer, which has the ability to add custom PIDs and provides a usable data export capability.

Obviously, the data is available since AiM has it, but their intellectual property on how to decode it is part of what makes you go buy their product. I've been contemplating buying a CANbus logger (https://www.csselectronics.com/) and trying to reverse-engineer the PIDs, but would rather not have to plow virgin field if I could find someone else working on this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.