Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use an Android Samsung Galaxy S7. When connected to the 718 CS Bluetooth and listening to a podcast app or music streaming app (e.g. Spotify) and also navigating with Google maps, the turn by turn directions do not come through the car speakers. The music pauses but there is silence while the navigation message plays and then the music resumes. On a few rare occasions I hear the first word of the navigation message and then silence. It is not just Google maps - this also happens with "Ok Google" responses as well - they are executed and the music pauses, but they do not come through the car speakers.

Things work properly (navigation overlays the music) when used with Bluetooth in other cars and when not connected to Bluetooth and only using the phone speakers.

Further adding to the mystery is that with a reboot of the phone and the car and a Bluetooth reconnection, the car remembers what phone source it was playing even though I never restart the app on the phone. So without starting spotify or a podcast of the phone, the PCM screen displays and can restart what was playing before the phone was rebooted. Not sure what is persisting to allow this to happen.

i have had the car a month, and I seem to remember it working properly when I first used it. Not sure what has changed or what the interaction problem is. It is very curious that the phone is playing both the music and the navigation message but the car is somehow silencing just the navigation messages.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use an Android Samsung Galaxy S7. When connected to the 718 CS Bluetooth and listening to a podcast app or music streaming app (e.g. Spotify) and also navigating with Google maps, the turn by turn directions do not come through the car speakers. The music pauses but there is silence while the navigation message plays and then the music resumes. On a few rare occasions I hear the first word of the navigation message and then silence. It is not just Google maps - this also happens with "Ok Google" responses as well - they are executed and the music pauses, but they do not come through the car speakers.

Things work properly (navigation overlays the music) when used with Bluetooth in other cars and when not connected to Bluetooth and only using the phone speakers.

Further adding to the mystery is that with a reboot of the phone and the car and a Bluetooth reconnection, the car remembers what phone source it was playing even though I never restart the app on the phone. So without starting spotify or a podcast of the phone, the PCM screen displays and can restart what was playing before the phone was rebooted. Not sure what is persisting to allow this to happen.

i have had the car a month, and I seem to remember it working properly when I first used it. Not sure what has changed or what the interaction problem is. It is very curious that the phone is playing both the music and the navigation message but the car is somehow silencing just the navigation messages.

Thoughts?
I would go first try this on another bluetooth speaker and see if the same is happening.
My bet is that it's only playing 1 source of audio through your speakers - your nav on your phone lowers your music audio, which is what you hear through the speakers, but then does not play the navigation audio as that is another source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.