Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched this a little but wasn't able to find anything conclusive so if this exists already my apologies.

I have 11k on a set of Bridgestone S04 pole positions. The fronts have about 40% left and the rears have 30% except the very inside which is almost finished. I had an alignment performed when I had the tires installed. This is a weekend car with Highway miles and spirited backroad driving in equal parts. I know that the rears are -1.5 camber normally, is this enough to cause this? From the little I found this seems to be the belief but I found nothing definite. Anyone with some knowledge feel free to drop it!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't beleive that a -1.5 camber is enough to cause that wear. I have -2.1 rear and I do not see that wear you are experiencing. Now the front at -2.7 is another story. I would have the allignment checked to see where the camber is set now. A good race shop would be my choice for this. Good Luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's high up on the to do list, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I experienced this on my last set of tires (PS2's). I can't remember now but I believe the driver side rear was really bad. The inside of the tire was completely bald by the time I got it changed. I now have the Bridgestone pole positions as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run factory recommended air pressures. Another thought I had that my dad (who knows infinitely more than me) shot down was that maybe my Tubi exhaust is heating up the inside more than the outside and causing it to prematurely shed rubber. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the info I'll get the Reptile aligned ASAP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts