Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between the S's OEM double exhaust tips brushed vs. chrome vs black tips apart from the finish? I mean, is the diameter, cut angle, etc, different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I believe the only difference is how much they cost. There are decent aftermarket replacements that are cheaper and MAY add a HP or two, but that is debatable. The X pipe dual outlet from a couple different manufacturers is cheaper than an OEM T-outlet chrome or CF pipe from Porsche.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the only difference is how much they cost. There are decent aftermarket replacements that are cheaper and MAY add a HP or two, but that is debatable. The X pipe dual outlet from a couple different manufacturers is cheaper than an OEM T-outlet chrome or CF pipe from Porsche.
Just wondering since I got a set of brushed OEM boxster S tips and was going to paint them black. Wanted to know how different the would look compared with the black ones.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Black tips will make your car go faster :burnout:, just like performance is always enhanced after you wash and wax a car. :dance:

Reactions: wisobmf

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Just wondering since I got a set of brushed OEM boxster S tips and was going to paint them black. Wanted to know how different the would look compared with the black ones.

I painted mine flat back next day after I got the car. Cheapest mod ever :) Never thought to worry about differences

Reactions: wisobmf
1 - 5 of 5 Posts