Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the legwork on the parts and supplies that I'm going to need to do my rear brakes this spring. Was looking at Pelican Parts and see that rear rotors for my 987.2 Boxster Base are $157.50 for Porsche, $138.50 for OEM, and $82.75 for Brembo. What gives with the Brembos costing so much less? I'm all for saving a little coin, but there is such a price disparity I thought I'd come here and ask.

Thanks,

Mike Smith

·
Registered
83 Posts
IMO there would be very little difference in performance between these rotors. Brembo is a very respected name in the industry. If it were my decision I would save a few bucks and buy the Brembo's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered Brembo from AutoZone over the holidays. 20% off and free shipping to my door. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Autozone heads up O(Cay)man. They are priced better on the Brembos than Pelican Parts. It turns out Suncoast had better prices on all the other parts (pads, clips, brake wear indicators, etc) than Pelican. Can anyone recommend another place I should shop for the remaining components?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sunset Parts is another option if you are looking for competitive “genuine” prices. Sunset is much more convenient (left coaster here) and usually cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also always check AutohausAZ and FCPEuro (lifetime guarantee on everything).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Apex Performance in SC is cheaper than Suncoast for PFC pads for my 981gts by about $ 60...they also give you 10 % off for your next purchase. Ask for Clark helpful and knowledgeable. They do not charge for shipping : also sell multiple types of rotors
Direct: 843.299.0997 - Toll free: 866.505.2739

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, for the great suggestions! I now have all the parts on order for a spring time rear break job on my Boxster.

Mike

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also check your local Porsche dealer parts department. When you factor in your PCA member discount and no shipping costs I have found them to be cheaper in most instances for OEM parts.

Reactions: raknaks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts