Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 Acura NSX aerodynamics team lead by Thomas Ramsay reached their downforce goals without using a rear wing. Unfortunately Porsche who should be leading the world in aerodynamic technology has now been surpassed by Acura. This is a real disappointment.

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
The 2017 Acura NSX aerodynamics team lead by Thomas Ramsay reached their downforce goals without using a rear wing. Unfortunately Porsche who should be leading the world in aerodynamic technology has now been surpassed by Acura. This is a real disappointment.
Why?

You ought to see the rear wing on the new Panamera. It looks (and works) like something out of a Transformers movie. :crazy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that the Panamera wing is one of the best looking wings I have ever seen however, this is "911 complaints" and you're discussing a Panamera. Ignoring that, I don't like wings in general. Why you ask? Wings add weight, often block visibility, almost all wings look very ugly (especially fixed wings), moving parts eventually break and are costly to repair, wings provide great targets for vandals (this has happened to me personally), and now thanks to Acura wings are totally unnecessary.

Why?

You ought to see the rear wing on the new Panamera. It looks (and works) like something out of a Transformers movie. :crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts