Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
just a quick thought....why do folks want to avoid dealers so much...I understand that many tend to over charge....but on the other hand I like the fact that other folks who know the car well can take a look at it from time to time....which if problem arrives gives you better argument for PNA to help out

·
Registered
826 Posts
Independent shops can do it as well, if they have the tool. I do my own oil changes, but have been going to the same indie for many years for major work. He resets my light for free. Yes, he knows me, and knows I'll be back for major service, so this is part of his (excellent) customer relationship skills.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Independent shops can do it as well, if they have the tool. I do my own oil changes, but have been going to the same indie for many years for major work. He resets my light for free. Yes, he knows me, and knows I'll be back for major service, so this is part of his (excellent) customer relationship skills.
I go to an Indie shop who resets it. I bring my own oil and filter and just pay for the time needed. When the car is up he does a full front to back check and let me know if there is anything to be concerned about. So far he loves the car's condition. Last time I went, his Durametric cable was not working so he could not reset the message. I had to go back to the shop a couple of times to reset and he felt so bad he offered a free oil change next time I need it. Now that is Customer Service.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I recently purchased the Durametric.

Reset the service reminder without a hitch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I do need to purchase the $379 Durametric software/cables just to reset the maint reminder?
Does the OBDII port read out anything like other cars? I was used to going to Advanced Auto parts and they would read out the codes on my cars and reset them if needed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So I do need to purchase the $379 Durametric software/cables just to reset the maint reminder?
Does the OBDII port read out anything like other cars? I was used to going to Advanced Auto parts and they would read out the codes on my cars and reset them if needed.
Caymns, I paid $287 for the enthusiast model which allows you to do three different cars. You can check fault codes, overrevs and a bunch of other stuff. Pricey, but I think it is worth it. No affiliation!

Norm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.