Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
No scuffing, just streaking.

Yes, the 'streak' that is left on the window is caused by the motor mechanism 'scuffing' against the window as it raises / lowers it. Just semantics.

Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess I've got nothing good to add. Ive had the car since around Feb and with 6000 miles still streaking on the passenger window. I may be the seal on the interior because it also has de-laminated 4 tint efforts from a very reputable shop. no problems on the driver window. the streak is two to three inches wide and six to eight high. strange how it varies sometime...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I get the same although the drivers window less so now as I use that one more I guess soit should dissapear over time.

Dean

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi guys - I have had the same problem on my 04 996 cab. Everytime it happens I take the car back to my dealer and they have replaced a number of rollers. In other instances the rollers have been cleaned/degreased. It would appear to be a design and/or manufacturing problem. I was not prepared to live with it nor should any of you. The problem can always be fixed although it can be time-consuming work as the door panel has to be removed I believe. I am picking up my CS on Saturday and I will be taking it straight back should these streaks start appearing on this new car. I am surprised and disappointed that this problem appears to have carried over to the CS - I was told by my dealer's service staff that this was a common problem with the 996.

Thanks for the heads-up - I will be bringing this post to my dealer's attention on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
My streaking is getting worse. Ahhhhhhhh!

:)

It really is getting worse. Not too bothered though... yet!

Shane

·
Registered
259 Posts
My streaking is getting worse. Ahhhhhhhh!

:)

It really is getting worse. Not too bothered though... yet!

Shane

Shane - this is unacceptable - take it back and ask for a Carrera GT loan car until they fix it. Then go for a drive on that dragon road with a video camera!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Liquidator,

You're right! I'm taking it back and will demand a GT. Stand-bye for live video feed. ;)

Shane

PS. I wish....boy do I wish.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have exactly the same problem and its driving me crazy. I assumed it was just me, and that something goey like bird poo had slid down the window and got into the door. Its on both sides, but the drivers window that goes up and down is the worst by far.

Very annoying.

DT

·
Registered
259 Posts
DT

have you reported this to your dealer?

I will call my dealer tomorrow and ask him to note this on my file.

I can hear him groaning already as my 996 Carrera has been back so many times with the same problem. To their credit however they have always fixed it. Even though the Carrera is 25 months old I will keep taking it back and claim under warranty although it hasn't reoccurred for several months.

Mine would only streak on the inside, with a streak of approx 2cm running at an angle up the passenger window. I suspect that only a minute adjustment will be required.

What forum are we going to claim tonight whilst our mates are asleep? (3.20am West Coast). Perhaps 'understanding Australian humour 101'? That K-ManS guy is amazing though - I don't think that he sleeps - a bit like Big Brother?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have had my car for 2 months and yesterday was the first time it showed up - the weather has been heating up and it started to be a bit humid yesterday - I suspect as was pointed out the combination of the two may have an impact. Has anybody had this problem go away by itself or once it shows up it will be there unless the dealer replaces the rollers ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just took delivery of my new Croc yesterday. We have had 4+ inches of continuous rainfall since Thurs.

I noticed that the driver's side window does streak as many others here have mentioned.

I will take mine to the dealer Monday to see what they can do.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well - it has already happen on my new car. Interestingly, this is on the passenger side which is the driver's side in US.

That is the only problem/disappointment so far - the car has just been dropped in for fire extinguisher/bonnet tie-down installation so that it can be tracked (gently) this weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have this issue on my Cayman as well. The service dept says that it is because of the tint on my windows. SHould I accept this or is it aunreasonable explanation?

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Mine does it too. It has faded a bit over time fortunately but its still there. I worry that any fiddeling by the dealer may only serve to make this or other things worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer fixed the window streaking problem by adjusting the weatherstripping and replacing a leaking window operation component. I do not have tinting.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts