Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to the dealership early week for the 1st service (two year). Car was delivered to me running so didn't check the oil level.

Today when I picked it up I waited for the oil level and the reading showed just the first bar/marker at the bottom blinking with all above empty! Turn the key off, tried again, and again it showed just one marker blinking. No other warning lights came up so I called the dealer and they said it could be something they forgot to reset.

Promptly took it to the dealer, when they tried it, classic, Lo and behold it worked just fine. Just went outside now and it's working fine.

That never happenned, anyone in the know about this strange error?

·
Registered
213 Posts
When you say the dealer tried it and it read correctly, was that done in your presence? Or did they take it back into the shop and come out later with it working fine?

If it was the later... I would say the service Tech forgot to fill it properly when they originally gave you the car back.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Yes if you can - always watch what the mechanics are doing to your car. STuff happens.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was done in my presence, well, the car was in my sight I wasn't actually watching directly what they were doing inside. But unless they know some secret ninja trick with the stalks I don't think they did anything strange.

Still bizarre though, and rather annoying since I don't like their service very much and don't fancy wasting time going there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts