Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I parked my cayman 987.2 (2010) on a hill yesterday, front wheels facing down. About 2 hours later so I got back in the car, drove off and immediately had a red warning message in my display.
Something along those lines 'check cooling fluid' and my oil temp was at the max which was indicated by a red blinking light.
I parked on the side of the road, turned the car off and back on and everything was fine on the ride home.

Was that just some random screw up in the electronics or something I should be concerned about? Was the first time I had any problems with the car.

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
You may be 'way down on coolant ... remember the oil "cooler" transfers the heat to the engine coolant. oil to water. It's at the very top of the engine under the left intake manifold and may not have been getting any coolant flow.

Suggest you dump the Porsche coolant and replace with a good brand of universal long-life (and readily available) antifreeze. That way you can maintain and top up the coolant with similar stuff without having to bow to the east -- Weissach. porsche claims their fluid ist special und mixing mit any others ist verboten. Nicht var?

Drive some, and refill, as needed. And also look for the coolant leak. One hard to find place is the water cooling connections for the 6MT but it's one of the more common ones. Another is the plastic coolant tank and fittings.

And ... an oil change. You stressed the oil to smithereens.

Mmmv,

-PM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts