Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Sorry guys. Shi* hit the fan on a couple of projects...been up to my eyeballs with cranky clients and staff/contractors MIA.
I have coders I can pass HTML to...over the weekend I'll build an index/framework for a "lite" 981 FAQ based on the 987 version. Thinking this will be structured as 981.1, with Base, S, GTS and GT4 variants, with 981.2 containing 718 Base and S variants.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Sorry guys. Shi* hit the fan on a couple of projects...been up to my eyeballs with cranky clients and staff/contractors MIA.
I have coders I can pass HTML to...over the weekend I'll build an index/framework for a "lite" 981 FAQ based on the 987 version. Thinking this will be structured as 981.1, with Base, S, GTS and GT4 variants, with 981.2 containing 718 Base and S variants.
Oops. And 981.1 Spyder, of course ;-)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Is it possible for me to write text, research stuff, find photos, and things like that, and let the more geeky amongst us do the HTML part?

I've been futzing around with it, and I am still feeling quite lost. I went through the entire age of the VCR without learning how to set the clock on one.

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is it possible for me to write text, research stuff, find photos, and things like that, and let the more geeky amongst us do the HTML part?

I've been futzing around with it, and I am still feeling quite lost. I went through the entire age of the VCR without learning how to set the clock on one.
We can probably arrange something where the first couple are assembled for you so you can see how the html comes out. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
We can probably arrange something where the first couple are assembled for you so you can see how the html comes out. :)

I'm listening...

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm listening...
You would need to write up the text in a simple text file along with any relevant url links and put that along with any images or other items in a zip file and send it to the webmaster account and then I could take that and plug it into an html edit and send you back the html to see how it came out.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Understood.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
OK. I figured I'd start paying a bit of attention here.

Here's my understanding of what I've read so far:

1. There's going to be a skeleton FAQ for 981 that'll encompass both 981.1 and 981.2 (718)

2. We're going to be fleshing out the skeleton FAQ and focus on 718 first (or completely with 981.1 maybe coming next)

Questions:

1. Will the FAQ for 718 (or 981.1 + 981.2) reside at a different URL? http://www.planet-9.com/faq.php is the current FAQ afaik.

Finally, I'll start working on the FAQs and organize them better than a bunch of questions in a row. We have a set of questions on the current FAQ but they would be more helpful if they were organized by category:

- Break-In
* Warranty
* Oil Change
- Tires
- Maintenance
* Engine
* Battery
* Upholstery
- Delivery
- Options
* Bluetooth
* X73

There will be some overlap especially in sections like Options and Tires but that's OK as long the overlap is consistent. Also, the FAQs will be easier to pen and each of them can grow into Option topics organically. Again, given the holidays and quarter deadlines along with some own side projects, I'll be pretty busy but I'll chip away at this as much as I can.

·
Super Moderator
13,806 Posts
X73, here is my response for your question in the 718 thread. Lets keep discussions here

99% of the public simply do not understand what is going on. They see EPA numbers and think the world revolves around them. It doesn't. The FAQ should just show facts and educate them.

The cars are built in the EU. The FAQ needs to reflect facts. Its certainly fine to quote excerpts from articles but the winter testing article is just the tip of the iceberg and must be all taken in context, with the entire picture.

Here is the official EU regulations Reducing CO2 emissions from passenger cars - European Commission

This link explains the fines simply Keeping it clean: Reflections on EU Regulations on CO2 Emissions for Automotive Manufacturers

You can find the CAFE info, try the NHTSA and Wiki. Here is a link to 2014 fines levied FINES COLLECTED SUMMARY.XLS. I have no idea if they could or could not fit a 6 cyl in the car or if they purposely put 4 cyl in to separate it, but we shouldn't speculate in a FAQ answer. BUT, it could be a frequently asked question = Why did Porsche go to 4 cyl, with links to Porsche official answers.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Here's something you guys can do before you get enough "official data" and even after that. Start using Google alerts. I have them configured to send me daily digests.

alerts.jpg

Looks like the upload functionality is being terribad. Here's what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/CxdmjSn.jpg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts