Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

101 - 120 of 145 Posts
New Porsche owner here in Brisbane.... picked up an "06 Cayman S tiptronic... totally stock..
Iv'e ordered the Carnewal Gt exhaust from Belgium, just have to find a shop to fit it for me... or maybe do it myself if I can be bothered.
Also looking at ordering the Dension unit to play music from phone/ipod... Any other Brisbane owners here?

Mike

My car arrived into Port Kembla yesterday. If it gets delivered next week it will have been a 4 month wait!

I'm sitting by my phone waiting for the call to tell me that it's ready for delivery :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

James here. Based on the Gold Coast.

I have just ordered a new Cayman S arriving in 4 weeks. VERY excited.

Any other Cayman owners on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane?

Would be keen to meet a few people to go on the odd cruise with if anyone is keen.:)

Hi James

Congratulations! That's very exciting... Only 4 wks.
I've still got 4mths!!! I'm based in Brisbane. I'm waiting on a cayman s as well

What options has your car got? And what's the cayman s replacing?

Hi Tav!

I was lucky there was one on the way they could retrofit a couple of items to in order to meet my spec. It's going to be a long 4 weeks! The Catman is replacing an e92 MSport 335i.

My Spec

Cayman S in white
PDK
Sports exhaust
Sports chrono
Exterior paint package
Power steering plus
Park assist front and rear
20" carrera S wheels in platinum satin finish
Sports design steering where with paddles
Illuminated door sills
Bose sound system

I can't wait to get it! How did you spec yours?

James, here's my order:

1) dark metallic blue
2) PDK
3) Sport Chrono
4) PASM
5) PSE
6) front and rear park assist
7) Bose
8) floor mats
9) smoking package
10) model deletion
11) sport design steering wheel
12) carrera s wheels

It's going to be a very difficult wait!
Make sure you post some pics after you get yours. :)

Nice! Pretty similar spec. I love the blue it looks great. Will def post some photos when it arrives! You know any other cayman owners in SE QLD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They are pretty similar. Did you test drive one with the power steering plus?
I'm curious to know what that feels like. I don't know anyone else with a cayman around here.

James, are you planning to take the car to the track at any stage, or join the porsche car club?

By the way, be really interested to see your white cayman with the exterior paint package... It's going to look great... And that bit more unique.

They are pretty similar. Did you test drive one with the power steering plus?
I'm curious to know what that feels like. I don't know anyone else with a cayman around here.

James, are you planning to take the car to the track at any stage, or join the porsche car club?

By the way, be really interested to see your white cayman with the exterior paint package... It's going to look great... And that bit more unique.
Hey Tav, I haven't driven one with the peer steering pack and it wasn't on my original spec but it happened to be on the one on its way over that closely matched my spec.

I joined the QLD Porsche club this morning and am very keen to get to the track. Part of the deal I did included level 1 and Level 2 track days at Mt Cotton. How about you ?

As they are retrofitting the experiment paint package I am thinking I will do something a little custom. I am thinking white mirrors and rear diffuser and painted black side vents perhaps with a white highlight on the splitter in the side vent. A bit like the tech art poster cayman.

Hey James

I'm considering doing something similar with Porsche QLD. I haven't look into it that much yet, but it's something that's really tempting me. I don;t get my car for another 4mths, so Ive git a it of time to get organised and have a think about it. Are you just going to be running on your 20in carrera s wheels for the track days?

Your colour scheme with the custom paint sounds really good. Should be a stunner.

Hey James

I'm considering doing something similar with Porsche QLD. I haven't look into it that much yet, but it's something that's really tempting me. I don;t get my car for another 4mths, so Ive git a it of time to get organised and have a think about it. Are you just going to be running on your 20in carrera s wheels for the track days?

Your colour scheme with the custom paint sounds really good. Should be a stunner.
I want to look at getting another set of rims/tyres for the track days. I think it will work out cheaper in the long run.

I just canned the exterior paint package and opted in the aluminum gear shift and the aluminium footrest and the model designation on side doors.

4 weeks and counting!!!!

Hi all

Prem here from Melbourne. Refreshing to see a oz-specific thread. I ordered a new Cayman S on June 1st from Porsche Centre Melbourne.

Ship docked in Melbourne last Friday. I drove out to the wharf at 11pm and peered at the behemoth through the cyclone wire fence - mad huh?

Rang the sales guy today who said the car is stuck in quarantine because of some "foreign" seeds on the tyres. Hoping for delivery on the 26th.

My options include:
PDK
Sports Chrono
Front park sensors
Bose
20 inch Carrera S wheels
Online services
Agate Grey with black interior
Smoker Pkg
Multifunction Steering wheel

I can't wait ........

Will be joining Porsche Club of Vic when I get the car

Did I mention I can't wait .....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Car arrives in Perth in 6 days ! Then a few aftermarket installs then shipped to Gold Coast. I am thinking three weeks away :)

Just pulled the trigger on new Cayman S

Silver Metalic
20 Inch Carrera Classic wheels
PDK
Sport Design Steering
Sports Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Park Assist front and back
Mats
Heated Seats

Delivery on 20th December.

Ho Ho Ho A very merry xmas to me....

very excited. My first Porche...

Currently drive 335i Coupe....Its great but feels nothing like the Cayman..

Need to sort out insurance now..

Anyone recomend a good window tint place and also clear bra installer in Melbourne ?

You'll love the Cayman S mate, I'm out of an E92 M3 ?

Btw I used Porsche insurance, they gave the best deal for premium, excess and conditions.

Hi all

Prem here from Melbourne. Refreshing to see a oz-specific thread. I ordered a new Cayman S on June 1st from Porsche Centre Melbourne.

Ship docked in Melbourne last Friday. I drove out to the wharf at 11pm and peered at the behemoth through the cyclone wire fence - mad huh?
My car was delivered to Sydney but I happened to be in Perth when my car was at Fremantle Wharf on the Morning Calypso, I made my sister drive me out so we could peer through a cyclone fence at the ship and hopefully get a glimpse of some P cars exiting!!

You're not MAD at all!

I'm glad I ordered and specced my car exactly as I have because it fits the bill perfectly!!! :)

101 - 120 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.