Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be servicing the Cayman myself, so I need something to reset the service intervals. I've been looking at the iCarsoft POR V2.0, and found on Amazon I can buy a used unit for around $130. Are there any drawbacks to buying new vs used?

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
return available if it doesn't work ?
even if they say no, eBay will return your money if it doesn't work as claimed.
buyer is king on eBay

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up the Foxwell NT530 which connects to the OBDII a few weeks ago. It was able to read/clear fault codes and reset maint like oil change. It has tons of functions which I haven't explored. There is a full list via a downloadable .xls and seems to have similar capability to the PIWIS. Was @$150 with the discount at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
If can do PIWIS it's worth $1500 not $150

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am going to be servicing the Cayman myself, so I need something to reset the service intervals. I've been looking at the iCarsoft POR V2.0, and found on Amazon I can buy a used unit for around $130. Are there any drawbacks to buying new vs used?

Scott
One drawback may be getting it registered to a new owner. Without the registration, no updates, additional software can be purchased. I'd want to make certain this can happen since my experience with a similar device (iCarScan) running a variant of the same software (written by Launch) is - the registration process for a new device usually isn't smooth, for a used device trying to change the registration - good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts