Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Sebro Slotted rotors for all four corners from Pelican Parts last week for my 987.1C. The rotors arrived yesterday afternoon and the front right rotor is drilled instead of slotted. I looked back at my order and it says Sebro Slotted and Coated for all four individual rotors. I even went back to Pelican's website to add the front right slotted rotor to my basket to make sure my order had the right part #. When I did this, the part # in my new basket matched the part # in my order. However, I noticed that the part # in the basket was not the same part # that is shown on the selection page. It changed from 996-351-406-01-M896 to 996-351-406-00-INT. I also noticed that this rotor was drop shipped from the manufacturer instead of being shipped direct, so I wonder if that might be the cause.

Anyway, my question is whether running slotted rotors at three corners and drilled at the front right would be an issue on the track. I'm going to a new track next weekend and was planning on doing the brake install this weekend because I won't have time next week. Pelican is closed for the weekend and even if I wanted to pay more for overnight shipping than the correct rotor costs, there's no way for me to do so, since their shopping cart adds the wrong part. So, I think I'm stuck with the odd rotor.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I'm sure Pelican will rush ship the correct matching part to you if you call them to let them know. From what I've heard their customer service is excellent.

I know that doesn't answer your question... but it might be a good solution.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
IMO, you could get a dangerous situation using mis-matched rotors. Even if the braking grip was the same in normal use, there could be different heat dissipation properties which, on the track, could cause one side to have different braking performance.

Reactions: husker boxster

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Thanks, everyone. I kinda figured that would be the answer. I sent Pelican a message and hopefully they'll respond first thing Monday morning.
I would phone. Nothing better than personal contact to get quick results. Let them know you emailed but since you need the replacement quickly you're following up by phone.

Reactions: redlfnt

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
This would only be OK on an oval, where you were biasing the car on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.