Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
does anybody know of a good product to get off old brake dust from wheels, I bought a set of wheels but its hard using clay bar.. here is how they look

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Yeah that looks like cosmoline. There was a recent thread on how to clean this. Let me try to find it...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Whoops! The link the 327Cayman posted is the one I was thinking of. Sorry!

Let us know how it turns out.

I have a few large spots like this on the barrel of my rear wheels, but after 2 years, I'm not bothering. I can't see them anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Just wondering if you got that brown stuff off your inner wheels and what you used if you did... I think we all have that problem. Seems to be the spot that was hidding behind the calliper making it hard to get clean before putting the car away for storage... then the grime just sits there for months and becomes hard to get off with normal washing... Let us know!

Thanks

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Most likely cosmoline overspray that then picked up dirt and brake dust, very common. I've used simple green and a scrub brush to get it off my wheels in the past, and once off then you can apply something like wheel wax. Check the articles section to see my cleaning work in the past.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wondering if you got that brown stuff off your inner wheels and what you used if you did... I think we all have that problem. Seems to be the spot that was hidding behind the calliper making it hard to get clean before putting the car away for storage... then the grime just sits there for months and becomes hard to get off with normal washing... Let us know!

Thanks
its all off, p21s wheel cleaner and scrubbing the wheels.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts