Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘14 Turbo 65k miles vs ‘15 4S 35k miles - similar options and condition.

The Turbo will stretch the budget a bit at +$500 a month - considering the mileage and cost, what should I choose? Go for the Turbo or stick with the 4S?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Always buy what is within your budget. You will need the extra $$$ for maintenance, tires, and go-fast parts. That being said, as one who had a turbo then sold it, drove an NA for a while, then sold it for another turbo... The turbo drug is hard to give up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good points / ideas - forgot to mention I’d be using this as a daily driver in the Northeast ~250 miles a week...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you driven both? If not, get the Turo app. Rent someone's car for the weekend and get to know the driving differences between the two.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
13 Posts
Turbos are incredible, but I'd go with the 4S, particularly in light of your budget, and the fact it'll be a daily. My experience with turbos is that people are more likely to have driven the crap out of them. KC is right, there will be associated expenses. From a purely emotional perspective, you can't make a bad decision. They are incredible cars!

It just occurred to me to ask whether you've owned a Porsche before...

·
Registered
2013 Porsche 911 C4S
13 Posts
Turbos are incredible, but I'd go with the 4S, particularly in light of your budget, and the fact it'll be a daily. My experience with turbos is that people are more likely to have driven the crap out of them. KC is right, there will be associated expenses. From a purely emotional perspective, you can't make a bad decision. They are incredible cars!

It just occurred to me to ask whether you've owned a Porsche before...

Oh and make sure you pay to have a thorough PPI done at a reputable Porsche shop... not necessarily a dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
You don't need a Turbo as a daily driver; overkill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts