Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan for this coming Columbus day weekend is to drive to Snowshoe, WV from the DC metro area. This looks to be my last chance for a legit drive for the year.

I'm going to do it in one day, probably leave around 0500 to get to Harrisonburg, VA around 0720 (sunrise). Then my goal is to drive essentially a figure-8 pattern: 42 -> US250 -> US219 -> Snowshoe -> 66 -> 28 -> US33 back to Harrisonburg. That pattern comes in at 236 miles and add another 300 to get there and back.

WV trip.JPG

I've never been in the area or on these roads. For you guys that have driven the area, do you have any tips on road condition/construction, traffic, better route, speed traps and cops? Any opinions of which day will have the least traffic (Sat/Sun/Mon)? Is there a NFL or college football game I could leverage?

Maybe I should travel northwest into PA instead (around the Fallingwater)? Also, if anyone wanted to caravan, that'd be cool :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
How'd this go? I'd definitely be down for a shorter route closer to home, we should still be able to squeeze a few sunny drives out...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I only managed two long drives into the WV area this summer. I blame work, but that's an excuse...
I was able to stay at Snowshoe for reasonable money. WV 72 was one hell of a 1.5 lane road.

road.JPG road1.JPG road2.JPG

I am looking at doing another one/two day trip the next sunny weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts