Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of searching for the "right car" I'm finally a member of the club. Just brought home this stunning 2008 Cayman S with just under 10,000 miles on the odometer.

• Carrera White Paint
  • Sand Beige Leather
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights
  • Remote CD Changer
  • Wheel Caps with Colored Crests
  • Floor Mats in Interior Color
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Power Seats
  • Self Dimming Mirrors and Rain Sensors
  • Heated Seats
  • Preferred Package Plus
  • Balance of Factory Warranty
  • 19″ Champions Motorsports RG5 monoblock wheels with polished lip and Porsche center caps
  • Champion Motorsports lowering springs by H&R

First order of business will be to sort out the hatchback squeek/rattle. Second on the list will be to decide if I want to keep the factory audio and add iPod capability or replace the head-unit. I'm sure other projects and mods will spring forth but for now I'm just going to enjoy the new to me Cayman S. The handling is similar enough to the 2002 Boxster I owned to be immediately comfortable yet different enough in styling and feel that the overall experience is totally new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations!

Enjoy the ride. Post back when you settle on what options you tackle first.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Nice! Congratulations on the acquisition. I really like the wheels, and the exterior color. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
After months of searching for the "right car" I'm finally a member of the club. Just brought home this stunning 2008 Cayman S with just under 10,000 miles on the odometer.

• Carrera White Paint
  • Sand Beige Leather
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights
  • Remote CD Changer
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • Power Seats
  • Heated Seats
  • Preferred Package Plus
  • 19″ Champions Motorsports RG5 monoblock wheels with polished lip and Porsche center caps

First order of business will be to sort out the hatchback squeek/rattle. Second on the list will be to decide if I want to keep the factory audio and add iPod capability or replace the head-unit. I'm sure other projects and mods will spring forth but for now I'm just going to enjoy the new to me Cayman S. The handling is similar enough to the 2002 Boxster I owned to be immediately comfortable yet different enough in styling and feel that the overall experience is totally new.
First order of business - Click GARAGE at the top of the page and submit your new ride! :)

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
That is awesome . . I am looking for about the EXACT car . . . and so far have found one in Dallas and one in CT . . .great looking combination.

Congratulations!

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
Ouch...those wheels are so good looking it hurts.

Congrats, and welcome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
...Just brought home this stunning 2008 Cayman S with just under 10,000 miles on the odometer...Second on the list will be to decide if I want to keep the factory audio and add iPod capability or replace the head-unit...
Congratulations on your nice find! As a fellow '08 CS owner, having driven mine completely stock for over a year and 12K miles, I recommend you drive it for a while before you pursue any mods. The car does so much well right out of the box, it really doesn't need anything much right off the bat. I originally really wanted to swap out my factory Bose system, but now find it good enough to live with. I finally ordered an SRP with last years GB, but I don't NEED it, I just WANT it. Enjoy it the way Porsche built it for a while, then decide what you REALLY need or want. Just a thought. Dave

·
Premium Member
383 Posts

• Carrera White Paint
  • Sand Beige Leather
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights
  • Remote CD Changer
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • Power Seats
  • Heated Seats
  • Preferred Package Plus

Congrats, great looking CS. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the club! You are gonna love it. I am new as well and can't imagine buying a better car. I am ruined for everything else.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Very nice. Looks good.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Courtney there's a white Cayman on the showroom floor at Huntington Porsche here on Long Island. Also with the beige interior. May not be an "S" but its beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Nice set-up I'm kinda partial to some of the mods already done;).Love the white with tan very classic looking:cheers:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulation, its a nice looking car. I think I saw that car advertised a few week ago. Wasn't it called Desert Croc II or something like that? Look like it was a well cared for car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrads. I have a white CS myself and while never thought I'd own a white car, there is something about Carrara White on a Cayman that is just stunning.

p.s. Love those wheels!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts