Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the wheels off my 06 Boxster and didnt keep track of which side which tire came from. I noticed that one of my rear tires is evenly worn significantly more than the other rear. Is one side of the rear slightly heavier than the other? Alignment is good. Front wear is even. Its not part of the rear tire but the entire surface is evenly worn more than the other side. I want to put the wheels back on but I want to swap sides to even the wear.

:thanks:

·
Registered
380 Posts
My '06 CS had 1/32 less tread on the RR than the LR when I finally replaced them. I believe that it is because the car does not have a limited slip differential and the RR gets a bit more bit than the LR.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If your tires have a unidirectional tread design you can not swap tires from one side to the other. In a similar but non related issue, I get alot more brake dust on the right front wheel than on the left front. I have asked the dealer ship to check it more than once but they tell me that the pads are wearing evenly so they can not see a problem. Go figure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My '06 CS had 1/32 more tread on the RR than the LR when I finally replaced them. I believe that it is because the car does not have a limited slip differential and the RR gets a bit more bit than the LR.

I am confused....you had more tread on the right but I assume you meant more traction is given to the right side?

·
Registered
380 Posts
TSS4LSU

I am the one that is "confused. I meant to t type "less" (not "more") tread on my RR.

Thanks for noticing my "confusion". I have corrected my "typo" on my original post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts