Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's becoming increasingly frustrating to witness passengers almost ripping off the inside door handle because of not knowing to pull the handle twice in order for it to open. Can this silly feature be switched off via Durametic cable?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
1st pull UNLOCKS door(s). 2nd pull opens. Only way to change is to turn off automatic door locks. Or you could hit the Unlock All little button in the top centre of your console before they go to pull on the handle.

I believe you can program this yourself if you have PCM, although might also require you to have Sports Chrono to get to the Individual settings.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
my doors don't automatically lock when I'm in the car (I'm the 2nd owner). If I want them locked, I MUST push the center button. So there must be a "setting" somewhere to turn that feature on/off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My car originally had the one pull to open feature because the door did not lock on its own and I kept it unlocked usually. As a safety measure I had them reprogram it so it locks on start-up so now it requires the two pulls to open the door. You can certainly have it go back to the one pull (i.e no lock on start up or at a certain mph) or just remember to unlock the doors (with the dash button) as you're ready to exit the vehicle. I hate when I have to open my doors now for some reason after it is started, forget it is unlocked, and then pull twice to open when it only needs one pull!

I think it would be great if you could have the doors locked and be able to open from the inside with only one pull...

·
Registered
716 Posts
My doors do not automaticaly lock on start up or at acertain speed. But if I lock the doors by pushing the dash button, I must pull twice to open. This is a silly feature.
I wonder why Porsche is not more consistent with the features programmed on the cars when they leave the factory.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My doors do not automaticaly lock on start up or at acertain speed. But if I lock the doors by pushing the dash button, I must pull twice to open. .
At first I was frustrated with this too. Now I like it. It avoids inadvertent opening of the doors while in motion, especially at the track. Not that I test this when moving but you never know when curious button pushers wanna test the cars safety features.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
As others have said, having PCM and SC allows you to program when and if the door lock. But no way to program it to one pull that I'm aware of. But I have to say, this IS frustrating, I fear someone would pull the handle off one day :S

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Don't all VW/Audi/BMW/Mercs operate this way? (Unlock / open with 2-pulls I mean). I know my old Audi door worked with two pulls if locked.

Just tell your passengers they need to own a German car! :hilarious:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
have the auto lock feature turned off

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Wilhelmy IT RemoteKey module installed, and it allows you to program the lock and unlock triggers. I do not have Sport Chrono.

I have the doors set to lock at 5 mph, and unlock when the key is removed from the ignition. So unless someone is trying to open the door while the car is running, then they only have to pull once.

TwistyRoads

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I have the Wilhelmy IT RemoteKey module installed, and it allows you to program the lock and unlock triggers. I do not have Sport Chrono.

I have the doors set to lock at 5 mph, and unlock when the key is removed from the ignition. So unless someone is trying to open the door while the car is running, then they only have to pull once.

TwistyRoads
+1. One of the many things I love about the RemoteKey.

brad

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Don't all VW/Audi/BMW/Mercs operate this way? (Unlock / open with 2-pulls I mean).
Its been one pull to unlock a Mercedes for a while now.

I had the dealer reprogram the Cayman doors to lock after starting off. It doesn't have SC.

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
+1. One of the many things I love about the RemoteKey.

brad
Was one of the main reasons I purchased RemoteKey. It gives me a little more control to customize a few settings to my preference.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Off to the dealer to have the door locks reprogramed, luckily my dealer is local.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Like with my Audi A4... if I have passengers in the car, I simply unlock via central lock before the car comes to full stop. That way, the passenger can pull handle once and they're off.

Now, I do have a real problem when people open the door (from the outside) *before* the window has the opportunity to lower itself (at least on the Boxster, and most cars with frameless windows). :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts