Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Struck a tumbling, cartwheeling, nasty crushed paint can at about (insert your favorite number) mph on the highway. One of those moments when you realize there is no place to go...

It punched a nasty indent and stripped off a swath of paint down to the plastic. The area is about the size of a business card on the passenger side.

In the pics you can see where I put some black electrical tape over the area, and mirrored it, on the driver side. I like the look, but I have no idea how to make it permanent. The dent (and perhaps impact tear) is to severe to heat pop it back or otherwise paint it over. And I have no intention of buying another bumper.

Is there any source for bumper cutouts of various sizes? Something used for track stuff or aesthetic mods? I have no concerns about cutting the bumper.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wouldn't buy a new bumper cover either if it happened to my Porsche...

Why not consider having it repaired by a capable auto body shop? They really have the process worked out for the repair....

https://youtu.be/_ZedfGIP1aY

Unless of course you really want to add bumper vents...

I'd rather keep it looking original if it was mine...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It should be fixable in the $500 to $700 range I would think and comprehensive insurance, less deductible of course, would pay for it. I had an outstanding repaint of my front bumber cover a couple years ago for $400. No damage was being fixed except for the paint. Covering the way you suggest wouldn't cut it for most people I suspect.:cheers:

·
Registered
832 Posts
@Snips video was great! Don't you just love watching pro's do their think. The right tools, the right skills and the results look just like new. Myself I'd get it fixed, period. The Body shop I use, LA area, charges $800 a bumper, but I trust him and that very well may be the going price here in LA. Skip the red neck repair job and get it done right by a pro. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.