Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum..switching camp from BMW M3 to Porsche CaymanS. I am ordering new 2011 car. The dealer is offering a % off the MSRP . Any suggestions on how to lock the price. Dealer will offer this fixed % and will apply MSRP any increase for 2011 if and when announced atttract the same %. Is this accepted practice ?

I am order the spec below...please chime in with any suggestions / obvious things I may have missed. Dealer confirmed that the new cars will have BT and Audio interface std. May be this is why the base price may go up ?

I am also ordering the paddle shifters option 840...thanks for your suggestions..!!

Cayman S
Exterior Color
Carrara White B4
Interior Color Black Sport Seats AP
Performance
Sport Chrono Package 639
Limited Slip Rear Differential Lock 220
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 475
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
Wheels 18" Cayman S II wheel 409
Interior Heated Front Seats 342
Automatic Climate Control 573
Leather Sport Seats P77
Audio and Communications Universal Audio Interface

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hi,

Dealer confirmed that the new cars will have BT and Audio interface std. May be this is why the base price may go up ?
The price goes up because it can.

Wow! Ordering 2011's already! Time flies.

Nice spec. Wonder how the breakdown will be between the traditional buttons and the paddles now that that is an option. White is beautiful, but give the green a thought. Since I've gotten mine, 3 people that had white (2 911s and a cayman) have said they wish they had gotten green. It really stands out.

On 2nd thought, don't go green. Next thing I know is every car out there will be green.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum..switching camp from BMW M3 to Porsche CaymanS. I am ordering new 2011 car. The dealer is offering a % off the MSRP . Any suggestions on how to lock the price. Dealer will offer this fixed % and will apply MSRP any increase for 2011 if and when announced atttract the same %. Is this accepted practice ?

I am order the spec below...please chime in with any suggestions / obvious things I may have missed. Dealer confirmed that the new cars will have BT and Audio interface std. May be this is why the base price may go up ?

I am also ordering the paddle shifters option 840...thanks for your suggestions..!!

Cayman S
Exterior Color
Carrara White B4
Interior Color Black Sport Seats AP
Performance
Sport Chrono Package 639
Limited Slip Rear Differential Lock 220
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 475
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
Wheels 18" Cayman S II wheel 409
Interior Heated Front Seats 342
Automatic Climate Control 573
Leather Sport Seats P77
Audio and Communications Universal Audio Interface
I have a 2010 very loaded car. One thing I would say to change on your car are the wheels. Carrara S II wheels make a big difference on the car. The 19's look better and for me the drive is still great. Guess it may depend on where you live and how the roads are. In my opinion the wheels really make a difference on the finish of your car.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Nice car, I have a 2010 that is very close to what you are ordering. My suggestions are 1. make sure that you sit in the sports seats, they work for some not for others. 2. Drive a car with 18' wheels with PASM and one without, also search PASM and read up on it. If you like it then get it. 3. Drive a manual and a PDK. These all come down to personal choices, there is no right or wrong choices, its what you like. Have fun and be prepared to wait for delivery.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi there,

I also have sports exhaust, auto-dimming mirrors, heated seats and rear parking sensors and would not spec another car without them.

I also agree with going for the 19inch Carrera II alloys, they look the biz.

I understand that the Universal Audio Interface is standard on 2011 cars.... :beer:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Great option list. As much as I love red, my next pcar will probably be Carrera White. I really like the way black wheels contrast with the white and they also hide brake dust very well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions...

I was planning on going aftermarket wheels...something in black..BBS RSGT or Champion RG 5 s ...will look great on white. Yes, I have the heated seats. I decided to go with PDk..I have an Audi DSG as amy daily driver and I simply love it. I can leave it in auto and hear it snap those shifts ..in traffic etc and shift to manual mode to have fun. I drove an M# six speed for years and the lead foot in traffic gets you. Nothing beats a clean upshift or heel toe on a manual...I thought this is time for PDK. Plan on tracking later..Going PASM route to ge tthe flexibility of normal/ Stiff on the fly...my M3 had dual adjustable TC Klines with 500 / 600 springs on it...it was fantastic on smooth roads and track , but will knock your fillings out on some of the NJ roads...so PASM for now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Carl-Docklands added auto dimming and blue tooth

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics of the new paddle shifter with display on the wheel..I getting this on my car

Thanks to Casey at TPC...he tracked this down for me..the PDK s with regular shift buttons are getting shroud on top of the wheel with display

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.