Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering Question: Is PTS available for the Cayman GTS????
I know Porsche suspended PTS for all models a while back and removed it from their website... It's now back on the website, but my dealer states that it is not available. So either my dealer has bad info or the website configurator is wrong. I have a funny feeling it's my dealer. Anyone have any info regarding this? I want to put an order in soon for one and the PTS would make it a done deal for me.
Thanks in advance,
D.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I understand PTS is only a 991 option, not available for the 981 GTS or other. It wasn't an option on my 2015 981 GTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Well... it wasn't available on any GTS, nor were any Z-Options, at the beginning because they were all built at Osnabrück. Once they started building them at Stuttgart though, it stood to reason that those things would become available. I have no idea if they ever did though.

Whoa!! I just went to look at the configurator and it's ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. When did that happen??

Incidentally, it now shows a little star on interior colours that it recommends for your chosen exterior colour. For Guards Red, it only recommends Luxor Beige or Agate Gray. I call shenanigans!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I see it there. It shows 2 blank color tiles that show PTS ($5500) when you hover over them.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Are you sure you're looking at the GTS??

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I recall PTS being an option on at least the Cayman GTS in August. It was not an option when I had ordered my car in May.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was lucky to get my Riviera Blue PTS CGTS order accepted in October after I put my initial deposit down in June as soon as I heard from the factory that PTS would be available on the 981 GTS from MY 15 onwards. The order book was only open for a very short period and my dealer said if I had missed that order period the next time it would be open for orders would be February 2015 with another 4 month lead time for delivery. So realistically you might be looking at June delivery. I had always wanted March 2015 delivery and as it stands at the moment, mine is due for build in February with late March/early April delivery. I waited 18 months for my Elise back in the day so I am used to the long haul. But I WANT IT NOW !!! :hilarious:

My advice to you navanoD is to talk to other dealers.

Good luck, it can be done !!

Cheers - Tony

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Went to the my dealer today and submitted my order:

P9A Convenience Package
98 Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic
GR Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara® incl. GTS Interior Package, Rhodium Silver
638 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
480 Manual Transmission
X73 Sport Suspension
423 20" Carrera S Wheels
25041 Exterior Paint to Sample - Modegrau / Fashion Grey 61H
XDA Wheels Painted in Black
023 Instrument Dials in Silver
088 GTS Interior Package
509 Fire Extinguisher
583 Smoking Package
P04 Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
680 BOSE® Surround Sound System
P27 CDR Plus Audio System
789 Code for Exterior Color to Sample

The Dealer Configurator Accepted my PTS order... we will see if it sticks.
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
613 Posts
$5,500 and worth every penny. I think that PTS cars are incredibly desirable as long as the colour isn't crazy. If I did a PTS CGTS, I think I'd go with something like Viper Green. Dead serious.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Went to the my dealer today and submitted my order:

P9A Convenience Package
98 Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic
GR Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara® incl. GTS Interior Package, Rhodium Silver
638 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
480 Manual Transmission
X73 Sport Suspension
423 20" Carrera S Wheels
25041 Exterior Paint to Sample - Modegrau / Fashion Grey 61H
XDA Wheels Painted in Black
023 Instrument Dials in Silver
088 GTS Interior Package
509 Fire Extinguisher
583 Smoking Package
P04 Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
680 BOSE® Surround Sound System
P27 CDR Plus Audio System
789 Code for Exterior Color to Sample

The Dealer Configurator Accepted my PTS order... we will see if it sticks.
Fingers crossed!
Fashion grey, excellent choice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts