Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That plastic cup can't cost that much, and that would give the option of either having a radio or not, changing back and forth as one desires.

You'd still be lugging around the weight of the speakers all the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That plastic cup can't cost that much, and that would give the option of either having a radio or not, changing back and forth as one desires.

You'd still be lugging around the weight of the speakers all the time.
Do you know if the speakers are deleted as well? Is it still pre-wired if you order radio delete? Personally, changing back and forth to save weight will make virtually zero difference, but it will waste your time. All the little items only make a difference if you remove a lot of them, and at some point, you don't have a nice road car anymore.

I did remove the radio and speakers out of my Lotus and it saved 5 .lbs. The main benefit was replacing the headunit with a cubby bin from a Porsche 996. The bin has been far more useful than the stereo which cannot be heard in the Lotus anyway.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking more along the lines of ordering one for European Delivery, having a radio for the trip, and then being able to install the cubby after taking re-delivery here in the U.S. afterwards.

And if I decided at some point several years down the road that I wanted a radio again, I could just put it back in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm thinking more along the lines of ordering one for European Delivery, having a radio for the trip, and then being able to install the cubby after taking re-delivery here in the U.S. afterwards.

And if I decided at some point several years down the road that I wanted a radio again, I could just put it back in.
Gotcha, the bin (probably cannot cost that much). I recall the 996 1-DIN cubby costing < $50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts