Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take for an order to come in these days? My lease runs out in September and I want to order something new. (I usually just get something off the lot but this might be my last order and I want something particular for the last time around.)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My last ordered car, it was about 3 months from the date the spec locked (V250) to the scheduled date into dealer inventory. That did include some holiday time though. And in the end they beat the delivery date by a week. Other factors are options like PTS and location- nearest port. The first thing is to find out from your preferred dealer when they have allocations- which build month. And have them give a print out from the vehicle system showing the dates. A confirmed allocation will be V200 and you will have a commission number at that point. My first ordered car I shopped multiple dealers for earliest allocation. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I wanted delivery in late March or early April and my order (with allocation) was placed in mid-December. Now showing an April 12 delivery (V200).

How long does it take for an order to come in these days? My lease runs out in September and I want to order something new. (I usually just get something off the lot but this might be my last order and I want something particular for the last time around.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Order time usually varies from "Never" to 3 months. There are several variables and each order is unique. Best source of info is your local Porsche Sales Manager as a first stop. Also, dealer to dealer variance exists as allocations and existing, modifiable orders sometimes come into play. If you do place a special order, I would highly recommend factory delivery, as it is quite an experience.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
My 2016 Cayman was ordered in May 2015 and I took delivery early August. My 2019 Cayman was ordered early May 2018, Locked about September 10th, went into the body shop (1st step) about September 27th and I took delivery end of October. It also depends how soon it gets loaded on the ship, how many stops the ship makes, how long it sits in port, how soon a truck is ready to deliver. In the recent delivery, it only sat in port 2-3 days, there was one stop in Davisville (RI) and then delivered at Jacksonville. It was only in Jacksonville about 1 full day. Jacksonville is only about 2 1/2 hours from my dealer. So, as others have said, it is all over the lot. My car was delivered 1 month earlier than the original build schedule had called out.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I placed an order yesterday and . . . although nothing is certain yet . . . they are talking about 3 months.

I'm having it delivered to the PEC Atlanta where we'll collect it and spend a month exploring the Blues Highway.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Man I have the itch to order a car but the CFO isn't on the same page or even universe. What are you looking to get?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Today I placed a custom order for a 718 Boxster. The dealer said they just got new allocations when I first called yesterday. My freeze date for the build is 4/7/19 and the ETA at dealer is 7/12/19.

Such a long wait... The dealer tells me that when Porsche knows an order has sold they speed up production..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts