Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on when GT4 and Spyder orders will actually be able to be placed. I have a deposit down for a spot, but that's all for now.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Does anyone have any info on when GT4 and Spyder orders will actually be able to be placed. I have a deposit down for a spot, but that's all for now.
I heard that it is going to be next week, or some point soon, definitely in October...

Seriously! ;)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I've been told by local dealer that ordering of regular 718 Boxsters and Caymans for early 2020 delivery will begin in November. No word on whether GT4 and Spyder ordering will commence then as well (actually, I didn't think to ask).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been told by local dealer that ordering of regular 718 Boxsters and Caymans for early 2020 delivery will begin in November. No word on whether GT4 and Spyder ordering will commence then as well (actually, I didn't think to ask).
That's interesting news from a dealer. Most of the words I've read from others here and Renn stated their dealers and even PCNA said no 2020 718s are coming this way, other than the GT4/Spyder.

Did this dealer have any information as to the engine in the 2020 718 cars?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
That's interesting news from a dealer. Most of the words I've read from others here and Renn stated their dealers and even PCNA said no 2020 718s are coming this way, other than the GT4/Spyder.

Yes. After initially being led to believe by a regional Porsche rep that the T4 was no more, was informed by a national-level Porsche Canada representative that the T4 survives.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. After initially being led to believe by a regional Porsche rep that the T4 was no more, was informed by a national-level Porsche Canada representative that the T4 survives.
Another Porsche forum has a related thread, also with Canadian underpinnings, regarding the 2020 718 engines. Spoiler alert. Base, S = T4, GTS = N/A 6. That's something that was rumored. Stated 2020 for Base and S, not clear about 2020/21 for GTS.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Another Porsche forum has a related thread, also with Canadian underpinnings, regarding the 2020 718 engines. Spoiler alert. Base, S = T4, GTS = N/A 6. That's something that was rumored. Stated 2020 for Base and S, not clear about 2020/21 for GTS.
How about a link? 😉

·
Registered
846 Posts
I was briefly excited about the thought of the 4.0 F6 in a GTS before I realized that they probably wouldn’t do that...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Couldn't an order placed that late in the year be for a 2021 model year? You would be looking at an April or later delivery in 2020.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Couldn't an order placed that late in the year be for a 2021 model year? You would be looking at an April or later delivery in 2020.
Not likely, IIRC Porsche builds the current model year through until mid summer possibly the end of July before they shut down and reset for the next model year, given this, anything ordered and built late in the year 2019 would be a 2020 model.

The exception would be if the entire model did not exist previously, they could release a new model in the spring as a 2021 if it was not being sold or delivered before January 1st of the release year. (an engine change does not count as a new model)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts