Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Did you really miss that much that Subaru you sold 15 years ago? ;)

I kid, I kid ...

Beautiful combo, congratulations on your order. I am waiting for the result of the PCA raffle first :ROFLMAO:

That said, with black calipers, I would probably go with a Bumblebee combo - racing yellow + black wheels. I think Westcoaster is going for something like that ... Either way, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I hope I would if I ever pull the trigger.
More like the Clio Williams that I missed out on 20 years ago!

Would have preferred Dark Metallic Blue or Night Blue Metallic, but it's not offered. Couldn't do red calipers with the gold wheels - too many colours going on. Although $900 for picking a different can of paint off the shelve is a bit much! Likewise the $330 for the yellow center on the steering wheel when it just replaces a black piece. Guess that's the Porsche tax at work.

Still looking forward to April

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
More like the Clio Williams that I missed out on 20 years ago!

Would have preferred Dark Metallic Blue or Night Blue Metallic, but it's not offered. Couldn't do red calipers with the gold wheels - too many colours going on. Although $900 for picking a different can of paint off the shelve is a bit much! Likewise the $330 for the yellow center on the steering wheel when it just replaces a black piece. Guess that's the Porsche tax at work.

Still looking forward to April
Yes their options can be a challenge considering the price, but I learned that for certain things it is better to bite the bullet at time of build then to try and change it later! I don't know if you compared the Spyder on the configurator, the options are different, colours for options can be different or options simply not available, like the yellow on the steering wheel. One that bites me is that the GT4 comes with Platinum Satin Wheels, on the Spyder I have to pay to get them... up here $1500!

Gentian Blue is on my radar as well, but since my last two Boxsters were DBM I want to explore other colours.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Porsche doesn't make a lot of sense some times. Silver and Platinum wheels being free on the GT4, but Platinum being an up-charge on the Spyder when it's exactly the same wheel is nuts.

I was toying with black with the aurum wheels, but that was a bit too John Player Special Lotus for me. Would be nice if there were more colours available as the limited palette is something else that will hurt resale values if there's 50 Gentian Blues and 100 white cars on the lot!

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I was toying with black with the aurum wheels, but that was a bit too John Player Special Lotus for me.
But only if you added gold pinstriping

21 - 24 of 24 Posts