Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Boxster S Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 CPO Boxster S and I trying to determine if the battery is original or replacement? I can not find a date on the existing Porsche Banner battery? Is the Banner the original or the replacement? Here is a pic of it, can anybody help?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The right cell cover indicates Porsche genuine parts. Whether it's been replaced with another Porsche battery in my opinion is less important than what a load test indicates it's current health is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There is a date stamped on the top of the right battery post.
Looks like your battery is from 2014, and looks just like mine (also 2015 Boxster).

·
Registered
2015 Boxster S Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for all the help. It is original battery for 45th week of 2014. It's not showing any symptoms yet but I better get replaced before winter.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's amazing longevity. It was only after I moved south I learned that intense heat not only means better stewardship of the addition of distilled water in the cells but very reduced battery life in both of my vehicles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2014 Cayman had the original battery when I bought the car this past January. Auto start stop wouldn't work. I decided to replace it with original. I've never had a battery last that long here in Texas so I figure it is a pretty good battery.

·
Registered
182 Posts
$162.00 Interstate Megatron (used to be my favorite of all batteries) Now Exide owns them and already they dropped a year off the warranty and the CCA's are a little lower. I hate Exide, in my years turning wrenches they were by far the biggest pile of deads. I'll be shopping next time she needs more power Scotty.

·
Registered
2015 Cayman
21 Posts
I know that excessive engine heat is a battery killer, but since my ’15 Cayman’s battery is located in the much cooler frunk area, shouldn’t it last longer than one in my wife’s Accord?

·
Registered
2016 Spyder
1 Posts
Just replaced my battery because of a radio issues. I was charged $315 for the battery and $385.75 for the labor.
That is some crazy ShihTzu. This is from a Pcar dealer in the Chicago area

·
Registered
1 Posts
On 981/991 cars, battery replacement should be “registered” with cars ecu modules. Dealers should include this with their installation. I purchased an iCarsoft diagnostic unit and it literally takes just a couple of minutes to do a new battery registration.
By the way, the last battery I replaced In my 997-911 I found the correct group/CCA size in a German made Bosch brand, for less than $200 from a local Pep Boys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts