Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had this horrific storm for our area a few weeks ago. I had not been out to see my CS and when I did the "oh no!" came. My little inexpensive garage like structure, if you can call it that, has one of those roll up plastic doors on it. It came free and wagged in the wind many times up and over the nose and gave her some pretty heavy scuffs and a couple of deeper scratches.

Is ther a specific brand of base coat clear coat paint I should go after for this car? I really have not had the time to totally inspect the damage but I think it went down to the color.

I'm feel'n real bad right now and I would love some help on this one. I know, I know, the structure was the real problem, or lack there of. :helpme:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
ins. agent,body shop

·
Registered
156 Posts
We had this horrific storm for our area a few weeks ago. I had not been out to see my CS and when I did the "oh no!" came. My little inexpensive garage like structure, if you can call it that, has one of those roll up plastic doors on it. It came free and wagged in the wind many times up and over the nose and gave her some pretty heavy scuffs and a couple of deeper scratches.

Is ther a specific brand of base coat clear coat paint I should go after for this car? I really have not had the time to totally inspect the damage but I think it went down to the color.

I'm feel'n real bad right now and I would love some help on this one. I know, I know, the structure was the real problem, or lack there of. :helpme:
Sorry to hear about that. I would recommend calling your Dealer and seeing who they use. Obviously not going to be the cheapest way to fix it, but your probably more likely to get the results you want.

Any chance you can post a pic of "My little inexpensive garage like structure, if you can call it that, has one of those roll up plastic doors on it." I 'm curious to see what this looks like.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I installed a portable metal carport in the back of my fire station. The sides are open but the car is mostly protected by the roof & the adjacent building. A I am at work a third of the time so I rounded up some guys on the other shifts & we bought the carport. It was about $600-$7oo installed. No regrets.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, I would guess the dealer option is the best. However, I'm sure pix (of the car) would allow more insightful opinions

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info so far.

I did contact my mechanic and he had a steller recomendation for me and I am going to see what they estimate it at. As we all know, these are our babies, and I really just want it back as if it had never happend.

I will get you some pics of the "garage like structure". I am a bit embarrassed of it, yet it has worked until I can get a REAL structure up. I guess you could say that I bought the car before the garage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts