Sport Seats Plus (2-way) P04 $800
SportDesign Steering Wheel 840 $250

Destination $995

Total Price: $59,880

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The silver-colored console trim, dash trim, and seat backs, would be painted or wrapped after purchase.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Looks good. Don't need anything else. May want to consider the upgraded headlights. They are awesome, and very expensive to replace, later.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here are my thoughts:

X73... hope you live where the roads are perfect, PASM is only $400 more. I'd add PDLS, Auto Dimming Mirrors and Convenience Pkg if you live in a colder climate.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Cayman $52,600
Guards Red G1 $0
Standard Interior i.c.w. Leather Seats, Black AJ $0
Deletion of Model Designation 498 $0
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) 220 $1,320
Sport Suspension Exclusive X73 $1,235
Manual Transmission 480 $0
20" Carrera S Wheels 423 $3,120
Wheels Painted in Black Satin 344 $880
Sport Seats Plus (2-way) P04 $800
SportDesign Steering Wheel 840 $250

Destination $995

Total Price: $61,200
That sounds good to me. I'm going for a simple base Boxster or Cayman next. I might add the sport exhaust to make is sound a little better but that's about it. Okay, maybe the 19" S wheels. :cheers:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like a good drivers car to me.:drivingskid: Have fun with it!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good. Don't need anything else. May want to consider the upgraded headlights. They are awesome, and very expensive to replace, later.
We got the upgraded headlights on her BMW. They are entertaining, but they were also only $900 on the BMW, and this vehicle would be my retirement car, so I really wouldn't need to drive at night quite as much.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are my thoughts:

X73... hope you live where the roads are perfect, PASM is only $400 more. I'd add PDLS, Auto Dimming Mirrors and Convenience Pkg if you live in a colder climate.
Too many gadgets, too much money, and I don't live in a colder climate.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet, minimalist build very much like mine.

Loose PTV, add Convenience, Alcantara Sport Wheel, and Sat Radio - and that's my build (In White - $64,150).
I didn't realize that you could get the SportDesign steering wheel in Alcantara for another $200.

I probably would not be willing to pay for satellite radio or a gaggle of gadgets.

I am on the fence about the PTV though. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds good to me. I'm going for a simple base Boxster or Cayman next. I might add the sport exhaust to make is sound a little better but that's about it. Okay, maybe the 19" S wheels. :cheers:
The Sport Exhaust System is one thing that I simply could not justify. Nearly $3,000, and adds zero horsepower.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice driver's build. I didn't get PTV -- don't think it is worth the money unless you're tracking regularly. And I had the trim painted exterior color (leather on shift surround). And I went with stock 19" wheels and then had my local body shop paint them black. My key was to put anything off that didn't cost bundles to do later.

In that regard, I added headers later, which gives a little sound and some extra ponies. Of course, if you want to spend money for extra ponies you could go "s".....

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Look at the 0$ smoker package. Nicer look and an extra outlet close to where you sit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Look at the 0$ smoker package. Nicer look and an extra outlet close to where you sit.
+1 on smokers package. Center console looks cleaner with the door closed as opposed to an open cubby hole.

PTV is not really worth it on the base car IMHO. Convenience package with heated seats is nice plus. Alcantera fuzzyness in your hands is awesome.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice driver's build. I didn't get PTV -- don't think it is worth the money unless you're tracking regularly.
I would intend to fit Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires at the first tire replacement, and I do intend to do track days from time to time.

And I had the trim painted exterior color (leather on shift surround).
Interesting.

And I went with stock 19" wheels and then had my local body shop paint them black.
I could go for the Boxster S 19" wheels and then paint them black, but being able to have the wheels black in all the European Delivery photos would be better.

My key was to put anything off that didn't cost bundles to do later.
Understood. That makes PTV (one way or the other) an important decision.

In that regard, I added headers later, which gives a little sound and some extra ponies. Of course, if you want to spend money for extra ponies you could go "s".....
The S would be too much.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Edited to add Smoking Package (to gain a 12V power outlet and to improve the center console), and to remove PTV (for now). $59,880 including destination charge.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF1HMMX6

Apparently you have to click on the 360 degree or Flying Camera views, or it won't show all the options in the photos. The 2D views appear to skip the SportDesign steering wheel and the Sport Suspension.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice built! Very similar to mine (see my signature). I somewhat regret not getting the convenience package (heated seats would add comfort up here in the Pacific Northwest, and I hate fiddling with the heater now and AC in the summer).

Next time I will also get PTV. I originally did not get it because while I wanted the Mechanical LSD, I did'nt care for the electronic breaking of the inside wheel. It was fine without PTV in the summer, but now in the cold and rain I wish I had it!

I also got the Bose since the base radio stinks. Don't listen to it much but when I do, I really enjoy it. Listen mostly to CDs, which gives the best sound.

Don't fret over a few grand now, you won't miss the money later, but some options are prohibitive to add later!

Enjoy whatever you end up getting, these cars are fantastic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts