Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of purchasing a Spyder and the dealer provided the following over rev report. Please advise if this looks good. I did some searching and from what I see it appears good unless i'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Derek

View attachment Over Rev.pdf

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
The report is good. The number of revs in range 1 were because of the engagement of the rev limiter. The rev limiter shuts off the fuel supply when the revs are at or near red line, but it may take a tenth of a second to engage. Hence, the range 1 over revs and a small spillover to range 2.. Range 4 and above over revs are problematical.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the quick response. Guess that means I can pull the trigger and move forward. Goodbye Boxster S, hello Spyder :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
No issues with those overrevs...although the report is incomplete as it doesn't show total operating hours, nor the VIN. Is the report being provided by a dealer, and are you SURE it's the overrev report for the car you're buying?

Reactions: RickH

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd be wary of any dealership showing you a report that doesn't show the actual VIN. This is very easy for them to send to you as a PDF, I just received one recently, and the VIN + the rest of the report (showing any fault codes, etc.) came with it. Agree with everyone, any overrevs in 1 - 2 are fine / normal, someone just drove it to redline / limiter a couple times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.