Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last count there were 14 Caymans and 9 Boxsters signed up for the event. The list is getting pretty full. I would assume a few from here plan on going.

You can view the list on ClubRegistration.net

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm very much looking forward to it! I haven't decided if I'll attend the Friday solo session or not.

Mid Ohio is always great; I've had good luck with the weather the last 2 years in April with the BMW CCA. Hoping for mild temps and clear skies that weekend.

EDIT: I drive an 07 CS, meteor grey, in whatever the PCA calls their intermediate run group.

Matt

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

I'll be in garage 12A driving a black CS. Stop by. Friday is usually worth the cost. I get more track time on Friday than I do for the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Great event - lot's of tracktime on Friday and the weather wasn't too bad!

I used my Traqmate for the first time, and of course they can't download the HD video with the overlay, so here's just the video of a few of my runs:

YouTube - Cayman S laps at Mid Ohio 4-18

My buddy in the blue M3 crashed into the tirewall at 9-10. He's a good driver and we couldn't figure out what happened from the video - the back end just went crazy out of 9. Turns out the tires he had bought were WAY past their heat cycle life (over 30) and that was the problem. Just a caution to everyone else out there - make sure you don't exceed the recommended heat cycles, and if you store your tires in the garage, they can 'heat cycle' just due to the temperature changes if they are extreme enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts