Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just email the PDF to yourself. The email app can view PDF files.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I've only been able to find the 2006-2007 manuals on this site, does the 2009 cayman s owner's manual exist? Idisk is a good idea! Still, it would make a good app with it's own search engine, etc.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
As I said above 2010 manual PDF is available on Cayman Registry courtesy of PCA and Gator Bite....join up!

Opening from email is a bit slow in 3G, much faster in iDisk
Oh I've been a member there from the start, but unfortunately they've chosen to restrict my account there so I'm not allowed to post or allowed to download files, etc. etc. Despite repeated attempts to contact them and clear the air between our sites, Gator Bite says that he doesn't want to speak with me. In essence he has censored a PCA member on a PCA site without following PCA rules for doing so. Imagine if you showed up at a PCA drivers ed event and weren't allowed in because your local driving instructor didn't like you and didn't want to speak to you. In PCA that's not allowed, any actions like that have to have PCA board approval and notification to the member in writing, none of which have occurred in this instance. Despite Gator Bite having normal access to this site, he continues to censor and restrict my access on the PCA Cayman Register site falsely claiming that I was soliciting/advertising for this site over there or businesses that are sponsors on this site. So you see it isn't as simple as what you stated, but they aren't very transparent on that site or forthcoming with their motives or actions. It's sad really, I like Mike, he's a passionate Cayman owner but to have a hang-up where he won't even talk to me to try to clear the air just sounds so much like a first grader taking their ball and going home because the game isn't going their way. Just be careful what you read over there, there are a lot of inaccuracies and false claims about this site, about the history of this site, etc. that while I have asked for them to be removed or corrected on multiple occassions, it has never been done and in fact they refuse to do so despite clear and compelling evidence to the contrary of their false claims. Sadly I even had to tell their PCA attorney that the Cayman Register site wasn't authorized to use materials taken from this site and republished on the Cayman Register site after they would not voluntarily remove them after my request to do so. We aren't too keep on having our intellectual property misappropriated by the administrative team of that site under the guise of PCA. At this point there isn't anything more I can do because they won't talk to me so I guess we are at an impasse.

With regard to the 2010 owners manual, if the manual can be hosted on the cayman register site then it can be hosted on other sites, this one, renntech, etc. because it is PCNA, not PCA that owns the file and has chosen to distribute it. In fact there is a Porsche web page where you can pick the manuals up from, I just forget its URL at the moment, if someone has that handy feel free to reply with it and we can simply send people there as well.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
^^^I was not aware of these issues and have to say I'm disappointed to hear there is a rift between the two sites. I enjoy and have gotten lots of great information from both sites.

Please tell me it won't come down to members having to choose sides. :eek: I'd love to be able to support both sites.

Here's to hoping it all gets cleared up one day!

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
^^^I was not aware of these issues and have to say I'm disappointed to hear there is a rift between the two sites. I enjoy and have gotten lots of great information from both sites.

Please tell me it won't come down to members having to choose sides. :eek: I'd love to be able to support both sites.

Here's to hoping it all gets cleared up one day!
Nope, I would never make people "choose sides", I think there is good information to be gleaned from both sites and it was my hope that both sites would have been able to work together, but despite me extending the proverbial olive branch that hasn't happened yet. I harbor no ill-will towards Mike and crew and my line/email is always open if they want to talk, but as of yet they don't seem interested in talking and trying to work things out.

My point was pretty simple, if you are going to set up a site as the "PCA" Cayman Register, then it should be about things PCA related, talk about Caymans in the PCA autox at parade, how to get the most out of your PCA membership, etc. what the site should NOT be is a direct competitor to this site where you are organizing your forums, gallery, garages, downloads, and articles to mirror what has already been done here. What is that phrase, "Copying is the most sincerest form of flattery?" I guess I should on one side be flattered that they've attempted to copy this site to a large degree, but on the other hand they are supported financially by PCA, an organization that made over $600k in profit last year. Since this site is not supported by PCA we have to find support elsewhere, namely our advertisers and sponsors. If we lose members or advertisers/sponsors because they are directing them away from here and over there, then this site suffers and in turn its members will suffer. My stance is that the Cayman Register site should be complimentary to this site, an add-on if you will, another site for you to visit IN ADDITION to this site, but not INSTEAD of this site. My concern is when I see actions taken that attempt to get people to go to that site insted of this one that I get concerned. I've been very up front and forthcoming with my concerns and basically to this point they've been ignored.

BTW the 2010 Cayman Owners Manual can be found on Planet-9 Here:

Planet-9 - Downloads - 2010 Cayman Owners Manual from PCNA

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy can of worms, Batman! Thanks so much for coming up with the 2010 Cayman manual.... are there any changes from the '09 (my car) that I should be worried about? Will download the file immediately - thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.