Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over the web, and cannot find an owner's manual for the 2014 Cayman S. Porsche has not been very helpful. They either want me to purchase a paper manual or download their app and view the manual that way. Neither of these approaches is satisfactory to me. I have no interest in viewing a large manual on a phone screen, nor do I want to flip through pages. If I had a PDF, I could place bookmarks in it. But I guess Porsche is approaching the 21st century with caution. I can get a manual for a 2007 Lotus in PDF format on the web. Frustrating.

Anyone else found a PDF version of the manual(s)?

Thanks!

Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 981 Cayman (Base/S/GTS) Manual PDF in my Dropbox. I don't want to put the link here cause it'll get spidered into oblivion, but anyone who wants it can just shoot me a DM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've looked all over the web, and cannot find an owner's manual for the 2014 Cayman S. Porsche has not been very helpful. They either want me to purchase a paper manual or download their app and view the manual that way. Neither of these approaches is satisfactory to me. I have no interest in viewing a large manual on a phone screen, nor do I want to flip through pages. If I had a PDF, I could place bookmarks in it. But I guess Porsche is approaching the 21st century with caution. I can get a manual for a 2007 Lotus in PDF format on the web. Frustrating.

Anyone else found a PDF version of the manual(s)?

Thanks!

Jon
Jon,
It looks like you probably have already found the PDF manual that you were looking for but thought the below link would also be helpful. It includes the 6000 page workshop manual, parts book with part numbers, Service Technik introduction books, PCM 3x guides, training manuals for the different systems and more information than you can imagine. It also includes other Porsche models and series so don’t get overwhelmed with the size of the file. I loaded the 981 Cayman workshop manual and parts book and some of the system manuals on a thumb drive that I can display on my I-pad that I can use when working in the garage and it comes in handy. It’s a PDF so I can also print pages if needed.
Jim
Oh man finally! couldn't thank you enough! :)

One more addition: http://delaraspelle.com/porsche/Mobile Technical Library 1-17.zip (2.7 GB) has all the SIT documents of all porsche models, Porsche Training books, Porsche classic cars (911, 928, 944) workshop manuals, Diagnostic info of all the cars.

Now, with your manual I guess 981 info should be complete. Thanks again!

Reactions: scottomfg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jon,
It looks like you probably have already found the PDF manual that you were looking for but thought the below link would also be helpful. It includes the 6000 page workshop manual, parts book with part numbers, Service Technik introduction books, PCM 3x guides, training manuals for the different systems and more information than you can imagine. It also includes other Porsche models and series so don’t get overwhelmed with the size of the file. I loaded the 981 Cayman workshop manual and parts book and some of the system manuals on a thumb drive that I can display on my I-pad that I can use when working in the garage and it comes in handy. It’s a PDF so I can also print pages if needed.
Jim
Invaluable, thanks so much!

·
Registered
47 Posts
@981cayman*s - thank you very much!
Jon,
As you can tell from my signature I do a lot of DIY upgrades including PSE, headers, center radiator, smoking package, Musicar tweeter upgrade, FF1 engine mounts and the instrument cluster repair we discussed. The workshop manual gives all the details and torque specs for any project and the parts catalog has the diagrams and part numbers to replace the missing clips when you take out the trim to access the engine,lol . You will find that even the simplest of things like changing the air filters requires removing half of the interior.;)
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Nice find; thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts