Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is for owners of sprint booster with manual drive. Did you get the manual version or the tiptronic version of sprint booster? Some say the manual is too sensitive etc. Need some feedback before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I have a Cayman 5 speed and I went with the automatic version because I too read about the alleged overly sensitive manual version. There was a member from AU who tried them both, returned the manual for the automatic version and did a brief write up about the experience. The distributor claimed that it happens a lot (returning manual for auto version). The member did a brief write up. I don't recall his handle. I didn't want mine to be too sensitive either so I just pulled the trigger on the automatic. No experience with the manual version but I am happy with the version I purchased. It seems like a nice compromise but I do think they are somewhat overpriced for what they do.

Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 6 speed manual and went with the manual sprint booster. Does not seem too sensitive to me. I happen to like it. I suppose it is like anything, you just get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've tried both SB's in my 2007 Cayman S. Originally bought the manual version, and it proved too sensitive for my taste. At the track it was difficult to modulate the throttle mid turn -- almost seemed like like an "on/off" throttle. Switched to the "automatic" version and it's perfect for me -- street and track. Perfect solution IMO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried both the manual and auto version for my 2.7 manual before purchase and settled with the auto version.. manual was just too sensitive for a road car but even with the auto version the throttle response is significantly better than before.. it is exactly what the throttle response should be like out of the factory without being over the top... I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AJK I did notice on their website that you could choose between Factory, Sport and Race program in either the tiptronic and manual versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.